autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Detailing Classes at Southern Detailing Conference - Lexington, Kentucky

Detailing Classes at Southern Detailing Conference - Lexington, Kentucky

Yesterday I packed for the 2021 Southern Detailing Conference in Lexington, Kentucky on Saturday June 5th and Sunday June 6th.

Here's what I'm taking for my 5 different classes. I've been told my classes are all sold-out. If you're attending, I'd check about availability when you first arrive. Maybe even hover around the area of the class in case there's a no-show.

Class 1: Glass Polishing – 11:30am to 12:20pm

Here's the products I'll be showcasing, not including the tools.

Here's the glass we'll be polishing. I love a challenge!

This is the windshield out of a 1956 Ford F100 Pickup. It's been sitting outside against the side of a house with a water sprinkler spraying it for about 4 years.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Detailing Classes at Southern Detailing Conference - Lexington, Kentucky

Boy, I'm sure many would say that windshield is a lost cause. I'm interested to see how it cleans up!
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Mike Phillips

More...

Class 2: Boat Detailing – 12:30pm to 1:20pm

For my boat detailing class, here's the products I'll be showcase plus rotary polishers and dual action polishers.

Because I can't really bring a boat to the show, (it's a 14 hour drive from Stuart, Florida to Lexington, Kentucky), I'm bringing a section cut out of the hull of a 1988 Bayliner.

I've used this section of a boat for 2 other classes but there's still 2 sections that have 33 year-old oxidation that I'll use to teach the same process I outline in my boat detailing book and teach in my boat detailing classes.

Just to note, the section I've drawn a yellow circle around? I've positioned my camera to catch the 4' long overhead florescent tube lights reflecting out of the gelcoat. EXCEPT where the gelcoat is dull - there's ZERO reflectivity or gloss. In the class you'll learn how to undo the damage and restore a factory finish.

Mike Phillips

More...

Class 3: Wetsanding by Machine – 1:30pm to 2:20pm

Here are the products I'm showcasing for the Machine Wetsanding Class, plus rotary polishers and dual action polishers.

I've been told I'll have a "Demo Car" in my booth but just in case, I have a BLACK demo hood to teach sanding and buffing techniques. This hood is all wrapped up in moving blankets to protect it for the trip to Kentucky.

Mike Phillips

More...

Class 4: The secret to reducing paint correction time – 2:30pm to 3:20pm

I'm going to teach 4 secrets to working faster while still maintaining professional grade results when doing Production Detailing or One-Step Detailing. These 4 technique will also help you reduce time when you're doing full paint correction details where you're performing dedicated machine compounding and polishing steps.

Tools to be show are,

1. RUPES Mille
    2. FLEX BEAST
    3. FLEX Supa BEAST
    4. FLEX CBEAST

Most guys I meet share with me the same problem they have when it comes to detailing cars and that's taking too long.

Mike Phillips

More...

Class 5: How to machine clean tires and install a Tire Coating – 3:30pm to 4:20pm

Here's the products I'll be showcasing in this class. We'll see how to use two tire coatings and also how to use a Rubber AIO for slam jobs.

Here's my training tires...

I've already machine scrubbed the back sides of the tires but the front are just they way they were when I picked them up from my buddy Royce.

For this class I'll also be showcasing the Cordless FLEX PE14 with a 4 7/8" backing plate and a Heavy Duty DA Carpet Brush along with a Cordless Skil Drill and a Cyclo Aqua Brush.

Mike Phillips

More....

After Saturday, I'm done with classes and you can find me in the Autogeek Booth. Here's all the tools I'm brining and you're welcome to come by the booth and test them all out.

Mike Phillips

Last one....

Here's everything I packed for this event. It's a lot of stuff in one place at one time, kind of like my classes here or my roadshow classes. So if you're attending, do stop by and check it out.

9. Likes jem7sk liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck, Mike and have fun! Wish i could be there.

Dang, that's a lot of stuff for 2 days but looks like you have everything covered. Can't wait to see that old Ford windshield.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Paul A. View Post

Good luck, Mike and have fun! Wish i could be there.

Dang, that's a lot of stuff for 2 days but looks like you have everything covered. Can't wait to see that old Ford windshield.

I went to the Snake Road Salvage yard, my good buddy Phil owns it and is an avid car enthusiast. I told him I was looking for a windshield for this class and he walked me outside the shop and showed me the 1956 Ford F100 Windshield leaning up against the building.

They pulled it for a guy and when he arrive to pick it up he changed his mind. Phil and team just left it where it was for the last maybe 4 year where a sprinkler has gone off on it the entire time. Plus exposure to an industrial environment.

I chose this because it will make for a very dramatic before and after to show the importance and value of periodically cleaning the outside of your car's glass.

I do have to bring it back. I'm not sure what's it's worth? I do know, if you own a 1956 Ford F100 and need a windshield - it's worth a lot.

Here's a 1955 we had at a recent class

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast