autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Super Member Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I Need Help Deciding on A Pinnacle Polish For a one Step Paint Enhancement and The Dr. Beasleys Nano Coating

Mike,

I am planning on doing a one step polishing of my 2011 Jeep Compass Followed up with The Dr. Beasley's Nano Coating.

Dr. Beasley's Nano-Resin Hydrophobic Coating

It's hard to show on camera but the ol' Jeep has light to moderate swirls and scratches, with the exception of a few deeper scratches. One deep scratch in particular was caused when I accidentally ran alongside of a mail box.

The swirls and scratches are a bit difficult to show on camera but if you look at them in the right light I can see they are there.

The tool and pads I'm planning on using are the FLEX BEAST, The FLEX PiXiE, Rupes 7 inch DA Fine Yellow Pads, Rupes 1 inch yellow polishing pads, and the Rupes DA Fine 4 inch pads.

The smaller pads are intended for the PiXiE. I was also considering using the LC Force Hybrid 3 inch Pads for the PXE but I was thinking I should use the same pads from the same manufacturer so I could achieve even results. What's your take on this?

The paint on my Jeep is a metallic silver in my opinion.

So I was thinking I'd really like to use a Pinnacle product to polish out the Jeep. I think that the Advanced finishing polish won't quite be aggressive enough to get the defects removed and that I may need a more aggressive product without switching pads.

I was looking at the Pinnacle Advanced Swirl Remover and noticed that this product contains diminishing abrasives.

32 oz. Pinnacle Advanced Swirl Remover

I was thinking that if I used this product I could start out with some good downward pressure to engage the abrasives as I've learned from your teachings and books and then on the last 2 or 3 section passes I can really lighten up the pressure to create a really nice finish.

I was wondering if I could get your input on my plan? Any information that anyone can provide will be much appreciated.

Mike Phillips

Re: I Need Help Deciding on A Pinnacle Polish For a one Step Paint Enhancement and The Dr. Beasleys Nano Coating

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN View Post

I was looking at the Pinnacle Advanced Swirl Remover and noticed that this product contains diminishing abrasives.

32 oz. Pinnacle Advanced Swirl Remover

I was thinking that if I used this product I could start out with some good downward pressure to engage the abrasives as I've learned from your teachings and books and then on the last 2 or 3 section passes I can really lighten up the pressure to create a really nice finish.

I was wondering if I could get your input on my plan? Any information that anyone can provide will be much appreciated.

Pinnacle Advanced Swirl Remover works great. I'm a fan of diminishing abrasive technology. If it's "good" it's fool-proof.

3. Thanks Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN thanked for this post
    Likes Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN liked this post
    Super Member Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I Need Help Deciding on A Pinnacle Polish For a one Step Paint Enhancement and The Dr. Beasleys Nano Coating

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Pinnacle Advanced Swirl Remover works great. I'm a fan of diminishing abrasive technology. If it's "good" it's fool-proof.

Thanks Mike! Very much appreciated!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app