autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Black F350 Paint Correction and Jet Seal

Regarding 2 layers of LSP, I usually do when using waxes or sealants. Not so much with a coating with the exception of Gyeon CanCoat (always 2 layers).

Don't fret too much about going with a recommendation and not being thrilled. Especially if you're fairly new to the game. Shoot, that's how I learned what I like over the years.

I love my foam gun and simply use it with a rinse bucket and grit guard. Saves me a little time washing.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Some Pics of the truck a week after paint correction.

It was full of pollen so it was washed with Foam Cannon and HoneyDew foam soap which seemed to work great. All I did was rinse with a power washer and dry using Griot's Speed Shine. Too bad this probably has to be done a couple times a week this time of year.

Thanks for all the help and recommendations.

Black F350 Paint Correction and Jet Seal-hood-jpg

[ATTACH=CONFIG]73284[/ATTACH

Black F350 Paint Correction and Jet Seal-door-jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Black F350 Paint Correction and Jet Seal-fender-jpg  
    2011 Black F350

Post Thanks / Like

J Ryan great work...looks good!!!

4. Thanks J Ryan thanked for this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure if I should start a new thread on this but I did my daughters 2011 non-metallic black VW Jetta this weekend and man was that a whole different animal. That paint was so hard to correct and I did the best I could with what I had.

Meg's Ultimate Compound with Griot's MF pad on my D9 was the only thing that even started to get scratches out, but a ton of passes were needed. It's just crazy being new to this and dealing with different kinds of paint. I was able to make it turn out really nice but the results were not as great as my F350.

Next weekend I'm going to try an tackle my wife's white Audi Q7 and I am already second guessing my compound and pads. Good news is that I can have whatever I need shipped to me in time. I was thinking about m105, with Meg's microfiber pad and m205 with Meg's microfiber finishing pad? Paint isn't that bad but there are scratches and swirls that you can see and I might as well get at it. Reading on m105 it seems it will do the trick but short work time as it dries.

Any other recommendations?
    2011 Black F350

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by J Ryan View Post
    I was thinking about m105, with Meg's microfiber pad and m205 with Meg's microfiber finishing pad?

Any other recommendations?
    Used m105/m205 many years ago...and very dusty. If you are going to use megs microfiber pads, then may i suggest megs d300. It mas made to work with those pads.

Most of the time it finishes down so well you could just right to your lsp. And best of all no dust! And wipe off is effortless. Long working times.

I would not go with megs micro finishing pad as they are made specifically for d301 finishing wax. I would go with a white lake country flat pad or similar.

I use this system as its what i started out with. It'll be on back burner when my flex comes in.

7. Likes dwaleke liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not really tied to anything but my DA (G9, G8). I'm about out of Ultimate Compound so I will need something new and I don't think sticking with that would work on Audi paint anyway. MF Pads, same, I need to order some and it doesn't necessarily have to be Meg's.

D300 seems like a good choice for what I'm trying to do but what would I use to polish that after? M205?

Pads recommended for the compound and polish? I do already have Lake County Foam (5.5" and 3") Orange, White, Blue and Black.

Just trying to get some swirls and scratches out of white paint that is very hard.
    2011 Black F350

Post Thanks / Like

Something like Griot's Garage Fast Correcting Cream would do a better job than Ultimate Compound IMO and is user friendly.

M105 is not a product I would want to use in 2021. So many other compounds out there that offer a better user experience. I'd grab M110 over M105 if you wanted to stay within the Meguiar's line. Or go with D300 like mentioned above.

Your M205 will be just fine for polish. Or you can try the newer M210. There are just so many polishes out there (Griot's Garage Perfecting Cream, 3D ACA 520 or even 3D ONE, Sonax 03-06, Sonax Perfect Finish, some of the Autogeek house brands, Jescar Micro Finishing, Menzerna SF3500 / SF3800, etc, etc, etc).

I'm sure others will post their favorite go-to polish.

10. Thanks J Ryan thanked for this post
    Likes J Ryan, PaulMys liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to briarpatch sending Wolfgang Paint sealant I was able to finally get to it. After washing and polishing the truck with Sonax Perfect Finish and Boss Yellow pads it was coated in the Wolfgang Paint sealant. Looks amazing. I really like the Perfect finish, not sure the yellow Boss pad took out too many of the light scratches but that wasn't the plan. I had most of them out from my previous more aggressive approach with the Ultimate compound. This was more for just enhancing the shine and depth which it really did.
    Thanks All for your help.
    2011 Black F350

12. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by J Ryan View Post
    Thanks to briarpatch sending Wolfgang Paint sealant I was able to finally get to it. After washing and polishing the truck with Sonax Perfect Finish and Boss Yellow pads it was coated in the Wolfgang Paint sealant. Looks amazing. I really like the Perfect finish, not sure the yellow Boss pad took out too many of the light scratches but that wasn't the plan. I had most of them out from my previous more aggressive approach with the Ultimate compound. This was more for just enhancing the shine and depth which it really did.
    Thanks All for your help.
    We like pics too, J.........
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Black F350 Paint Correction and Jet Seal-rust-jpg
    Black F350 Paint Correction and Jet Seal-side-jpg
    Black F350 Paint Correction and Jet Seal-front-jpg
    Black F350 Paint Correction and Jet Seal-reflection-jpg
    Some pics. Forgot to get pics of the rust spot after I sanded and primed but I just used Rustolium Etcher/Primer gray on the taped off spots.
    2011 Black F350

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast