autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 303 Graphene

Post Thanks / Like

303 Graphene

Hi All,

Curious, has any one used 303 graphene on unpainted porus black trim/molding without staining/discoloring the trim? Looking for real world results.

I know the product has petroleum distillates in it and i've heard that is what causes the discoloring.

Thanks in advance!

Mike Phillips

Re: 303 Graphen

Hi bfenne,

There's no need to start 3 threads in three different forum groups for the same topic.

I've merged your three different threads into one thread.

3. Likes dwaleke, bob m liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by bfenne View Post

Hi All,

Curious, has any one used 303 graphene on unpainted porus black trim/molding without staining/discoloring the trim? Looking for real world results.

I know the product has petroleum distillates in it

My Chap-stick has petroleum distillates

It has not been hurting my lips let alone staining them as long as I've been using this product.

i've heard that is what causes the discoloring.

Where have you heard this at? Can you share your source?

Mike Phillips

Here's the good news...

In just a few weeks, I'll have the chemist from 303 Products, and also the chemist behind the formula for 303 Graphene Nano Spray Coating here for my big 3-day detailing class and I'll share this thread with him and get his take on this issue.

VIP Guests - Industry Experts - for the May 3-Day Detailing Class

6. Likes Thomkirby liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry about the duplicates. Was not sure where it was best posted. As you can see I do not post very often.

You went through more effort being a comedian than helping someone with a legitimate question.

Your comparison is worthless by the way.

Your the pro so how about being professional and answer the question big boy.

Thanks.

8. Dislikes bob m, Desertnate, Me Time, rangerbay disliked this post
    Mike Phillips

Your comparison is worthless by the way.
    Apologies if I came off the wrong way, that was not my intention. But it is my intention to get factual information and avoid any misconceptions about any companies products so there's no confusion as to whether a product is good or bad or safe or harmful.

Petroleum distillates come in hundreds of forms and many are completely safe as the example of Chap-Stick. This is a common topic, common enough I've written about it in the past.

Petroleum Distillates or Solvents

There's a lot of misconceptions about petroleum distillates because there are so many types. What I wrote in the article above simply states to pick a reputable brand of products and trust the chemist behind them has done there research and put out a product that is in fact safe for it's intended use.

While I have not heard or read anything about this new product staining any kind of trim I would not say it cannot happen. And when I have the chemist behind this product here I will ask him if it's a known problem.

I'll update this thread when I find out the answer.

Mike Phillips

Re: 303 Graphene

Hi All,

I know the product has petroleum distillates in it and i've heard that is what causes the discoloring.

Thanks in advance!

I'm going to guess that since you're asking questions about this product that you have not yet used it?

If you send me your shipping address I will send you a free bottle to try out plus the applicator and towels that I find work best to apply and remove the product.

Send shipping address to

Mike.Phillips@Autogeek.net

11. Likes DUBL0WS6, dwaleke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

No worries and truth be told the chap stick was kinda funny.

I was hoping since you did a detailed and very positive review on 303 graphen thought someone may have real world results to share.

As not to create an online pissing match I would not offer my source. I will say however the individual is the face of a major brand in coatings and you have had them on your videos.

I asked about 303 because of your review and others and want to try it. Ever since I was told it was the petroleum distallates that cause this problem it has been something I ask about for any product.

Since you have used it, did you use it on any black unpainted porous plastic trim/molding? Any discoloration after some period of time passed?

Mike Phillips

After using this product on a few different cars now, here's what I've found to be a really good applicator,

Recommendation: Microfiber Applicator Pad for applying 303 Graphene Nano Coating Spray

Extra Large Microfiber Applicator Pad

And these towels really work good because they are a tick on the stout side versus soft and limp. (the 303 Graphene is a tick on the sticky side to wipe off)

Mike Like - The Rag Company FTW Premium Orange Microfiber Towel

The Rag Company FTW Premium Orange Microfiber Towel

This towel is stout but still soft. It has a closed fiber loop for a nap. This type of loop slices into the film on paint, be it compound, polish or wax. It slice into it and breaks it up making it easier to remove, safer to the paint and easier on you.

And... they are not even that expensive.

I'm not sure why the Rag Company markets these as "glass" towels, even though they do work great for cleaning glass. But what they are really good at is removing compounds, polishes and cleaner/waxes.

Because they are stout, I would not use or recommend them for super soft paints - but for about 85% of the rest of the cars on the road or anytime you're working on gelcoat boats - yeah... these are nice towels.

Mike Phillips

No worries and truth be told the chap stick was kinda funny.

I was hoping since you did a detailed and very positive review on 303 graphen thought someone may have real world results to share.

As not to create an online pissing match I would not offer my source. I will say however the individual is the face of a major brand in coatings and you have had them on your videos.

No worries, I respect everyone has their own experience and from that their own opinion.

I asked about 303 because of your review and others and want to try it. Ever since I was told it was the petroleum distillates that cause this problem it has been something I ask about for any product.

Since you have used it, did you use it on any black unpainted porous plastic trim/molding? Any discoloration after some period of time passed?
    I can check my neighbors 2019 Toyota RAV4 - I detailed it for them and used the 303 on it and it does have some plastic trim. I don't remember getting any on the trim but I could have so I'll look when I get home today.

I will also use my car's plastic trim as a guinea pig and purposefully apply some and watch what happens over time.

And just to make sure, we're talking about the commonly used pebble textured plastic trim used on the outside of lots of cars? Usually around side mirrors, the plastic cladding around the wiper arms behind the back of the good, lower cladding on the bottom of cars and also around fenders?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.