autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 303 Graphene

Mike Phillips

Re: 303 Graphen

Here's the modern car I did a full paint correction and then sealed with the 303 Graphene Nano Spray Coating.

LIVE Detailing Class - 303 Graphene Nano Coating - 2019 Toyota RAV4

And - while I didn't look for stained trim on this car I did look it over yesterday just to see how she's looking and she still looks great.

I'll ask the owner how he normally washes it as I'm unsure.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 303 Graphene

Awesome. Yes that is the type of trim. Unpainted and textured plastic.

Thanks Mike.!

Post Thanks / Like

Just redid my wife`s rogue with no problems at all. First coat made it through SW Pa winter with a topper on it.

Mike Phillips

Here's what shipped out today,

When using the large black microfiber applicator pad - dampen one side with the 303 Graphene and then use this side to apply to the entire vehicle.

After you dampen one side, moving forward you can continue to apply/spray onto applicator or mist a little onto a panel and spread with applicator.

Wait until product dries to a haze and then use the orange towels to gently remove.

When it's your first time - start by ONLY treating one panel, for example the hood or trunk lid. Allow to dry to a haze, about 10 to 15 minutes and then remove. This will give you a feel for how it removes and thus teach you to apply THIN applications. A little bit goes a long way.

Post Thanks / Like

To be honest... I used 303 on my DD (Subaru Crosstrek with all the plastics cladding all the way around) as well as over a dozen vehicles I worked on and I havent seen any trims being stained. In fact, I applied it to the trims as well as glass as a routine service. No issues at all. It has been over 3 months since I had it on my DD that sat outdoor 24/7. The trims are still dark and beads water like heck. I saw a few other vehicles that came back for maintenance wash that had 303. No issues there either.

6. Thanks bfenne thanked for this post
    Likes bfenne liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KBsToy View Post
    Just redid my wife`s rogue with no problems at all. First coat made it through SW Pa winter with a topper on it.
    I know PA weather well. Thanks for sharing your experience. What topper did you use?

Post Thanks / Like

"Petroleum distillate" is way of saying it's a product of processing crude petroleum (crude oil) products. It could be one of many (probably hundreds if not thousands) of things. In the context of what 303 uses it for, it's probably as a solvent. 303 doesn't have to say which solvent they use, just that they're using a petroleum distillate derived solvent. Mineral spirits are a petroleum distillate and it sure can stain all sorts of things. But there's other ones that are much, much less harmful to you and your car. I wouldn't ever hesitate to use anything on anything just because it says petroleum distillates.
    Former professional detailer. Current medical student (class of 2023)

2017 Infiniti Q60 3.0t AWD

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Here's what shipped out today,

Super thoughtful of you Mike and totally unexpected! You rock!! I will definitely share my experience with the autogeek community.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by conman1395 View Post
    "Petroleum distillate" is way of saying it's a product of processing crude petroleum (crude oil) products. It could be one of many (probably hundreds if not thousands) of things. In the context of what 303 uses it for, it's probably as a solvent. 303 doesn't have to say which solvent they use, just that they're using a petroleum distillate derived solvent. Mineral spirits are a petroleum distillate and it sure can stain all sorts of things. But there's other ones that are much, much less harmful to you and your car. I wouldn't ever hesitate to use anything on anything just because it says petroleum distillates.
    I've used Mineral Spirits in many, many applications and have never stained anything. What "sorts of things" are you referring to?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by psnt1ol View Post
    To be honest... I used 303 on my DD (Subaru Crosstrek with all the plastics cladding all the way around) as well as over a dozen vehicles I worked on and I havent seen any trims being stained. In fact, I applied it to the trims as well as glass as a routine service. No issues at all. It has been over 3 months since I had it on my DD that sat outdoor 24/7. The trims are still dark and beads water like heck. I saw a few other vehicles that came back for maintenance wash that had 303. No issues there either.
    Thank you for the feedback. I currently use my last coating choice on every surface as well. Call me lazy I guess but one stop shopping has its Positives. Sounds like 303 maybe fit the same mold but more robust durability and performance.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.