autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Beadmaker question

Mike, I'm a professional detailer since 1985. I've been using Renny's Beadmaker product for the last couple of years. I love it. Recently, I've had some issues with slight hazing after application. I spray it on and wipe it off like I would a quick detailer product,and normally it goes on and comes off perfectly. Recently I'll apply and then remove like I always have with a soft, clean microfiber, usually following with a second soft and clean micro as the first one gets a bit damp. It's not an expensive product so I use it on a lot of cars every week. I've always had fabulous results with this in regards to look, feel, durability and ease of use, but this hazing has become bothersome. It will happen a couple of minutes after application and if I wipe it off, it wants to come back again. I can't seem to get rid of it.
    Has the formula changed?
    I'm in SoCal and have applied this to hundreds of cars, hundreds of times in sun, shade, humid days, dry days, etc. . .
    This seems to be a recent development.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Beadmaker question

I don't believe it has changed. Have you seen this video.

3. Likes Jim w, BigGar liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe a bad bottle and/or batch?

If you have applied BM to hundreds of vehicles in all kinds of conditions like you said, you certainly know how to use it correctly.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

5. Likes Thomkirby, BigGar liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Never had that issue with Bead Maker....been through three gallons of it

7. Likes BigGar liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just throwing out an idea. Have you changed your soap recently?

9. Likes Bruno Soares, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe it's a towel issue and they aren't as absorbent.

11. Likes Azure liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fly07sti View Post
    Just throwing out an idea. Have you changed your soap recently?
    I actually did change to Chemical Guys purple soap recently. Hmm. . .

Quote Originally Posted by DUBL0WS6 View Post
    Maybe it's a towel issue and they aren't as absorbent.
    I'm using the same Costco yellow microfibers that I've been using for twenty plus years. I have a few other microfibers in the mix, the Costco ones are cost effective and have always gotten the job done and I can pull out a fresh brand new one like Kleenex.

Post Thanks / Like

That may be it. Try the soap you were using before and see if your streaking issue goes away.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by BigGar View Post

Mike, I'm a professional detailer since 1985.

I've been using Renny's Beadmaker product for the last couple of years. I love it.

Recently, I've had some issues with slight hazing after application. I spray it on and wipe it off like I would a quick detailer product,and normally it goes on and comes off perfectly. Recently I'll apply and then remove like I always have with a soft, clean microfiber, usually following with a second soft and clean micro as the first one gets a bit damp.

It's not an expensive product so I use it on a lot of cars every week.

I've always had fabulous results with this in regards to look, feel, durability and ease of use, but this hazing has become bothersome. It will happen a couple of minutes after application and if I wipe it off, it wants to come back again. I can't seem to get rid of it.

Has the formula changed?

I'm in SoCal and have applied this to hundreds of cars, hundreds of times in sun, shade, humid days, dry days, etc. . .

Sorry for the late reply, been busy creating new content - kind of kills my forum typing time.

I'm not much of a resource for this product as I don't use it. I'm sure it's as good as everyone says and we sell boat loads of it - but these types of products are for MAINTENANCE of cars already in great condition, new cars or cars you've already detailed.

I simply don't work on these types of cars. At least not the way my detailing business is set-up currently. All my work is on neglected, swirled-out cars bringing them back to show car status. So I simply don't have a need for these types of product, not just Bead Maker, but all the BEAD products in this category.

I've read though this thread and it looks like others have helped out with their suggestions.

Please do a follow-up and let us know how things go into the future.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BigGar View Post
    Mike, I'm a professional detailer since 1985. I've been using Renny's Beadmaker product for the last couple of years. I love it. Recently, I've had some issues with slight hazing after application. I spray it on and wipe it off like I would a quick detailer product,and normally it goes on and comes off perfectly. Recently I'll apply and then remove like I always have with a soft, clean microfiber, usually following with a second soft and clean micro as the first one gets a bit damp. It's not an expensive product so I use it on a lot of cars every week. I've always had fabulous results with this in regards to look, feel, durability and ease of use, but this hazing has become bothersome. It will happen a couple of minutes after application and if I wipe it off, it wants to come back again. I can't seem to get rid of it.
    Has the formula changed?
    I've used it a bunch as well. Any time that has happened to me, it's always been the mf towel. I've had to toss my Costco mf towels sooner than usual for what seems to be an issue with washing them. I've been using Micro Restore, but I'm wondering if I need to upgrade to a newer microfiber detergent because of all these newer spray waxes and sealants. I started using the eagle edgeless only on bead maker applications and haven't had an issues as of yet.

16. Likes BigGar liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast