autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Suggestions for Wax/Sealent

Hey all,

As mentioned in my previous thread, I'm new to the detailing world, however, been doing my research for the past 6 months so I have a good base of knowledge.

With that said, I'm looking to offer a Wash & Wax package to my customer. Of course, I will proceed with the Foam bath and 2 bucket method then the decontamination stage, however, I'm trying to figure out the best sealant/wax in order to provide the best shine and protection. Water beading is a big thing for me so that's important as well. I'm open to a little less protection but gloss and shine are important. Ideally, 3-4 months of protection is fine.

The options I'm looking at so far is:

TURTLE HYBRID SOLUTIONS PRO TO THE MAX WAX
    Jescar Power Lock Plus Polymer Sealant
    Collinite (This was my first option, however, I read that it hazes after a few days and that's not a good look for me to my customers)

I will be applying all waxes and sealants by hand.

Thank you for your time.

Post Thanks / Like
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Suggestions for Wax/Sealent

If you just want to apply a straight-up sealant, try one of these :

Duragloss Total Performance Polish (TPP) # 105 + Duragloss Polish Bonding Agent (PBA) #601

(Mix 4 parts #105 to 1 part #601 and then apply)

or

Wolfgang SiO2 Paint Sealant

Now if you want to do a little light correction (very minor swirls, etc.) followed by a sealant, then use this :

BLACKFIRE One Step, BLACKFIRE Total Polish & Seal, polish and wax, cleaner wax, car polish

4. Thanks Anthony0077 thanked for this post
    Likes Anthony0077 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 57Rambler View Post
    If you just want to apply a straight-up sealant, try one of these :

Duragloss Total Performance Polish (TPP) # 105 + Duragloss Polish Bonding Agent (PBA) #601

(Mix 4 parts #105 to 1 part #601 and then apply)

or

Wolfgang SiO2 Paint Sealant

Now if you want to do a little light correction (very minor swirls, etc.) followed by a sealant, then use this :

BLACKFIRE One Step, BLACKFIRE Total Polish & Seal, polish and wax, cleaner wax, car polish
    Thank you. As I'm starting off, I may not do any paint correction. However, is the Blackfire a good product if I wish to apply it by hand? Obviously, machine application is better but I'm waiting off on using any machine polishers for now. Also, Is Wolfgang SiO2 Paint Sealant a good product if I'm not doing any paint correction and just looking for protection and gloss?

Post Thanks / Like

Just a little food for thought.....

This is for a business venture then speed and ease of application is important since time is money. You might want to look at touchless sealants like Geyon Wet coat or Car Pro Hydro2 lite. Spray on after wash and rinse off with pressure washer. Dry and you are done. Both products give a very high level of gloss and the protection is about 3-6 months depending on condition. Do one panel at a time and be in the shades and you wont have any issues. If you like making your own mixture then Car Pro Hydro2 concentrate is the one to get.

Car Pro also make a foam soap (Hydrofoam) that you can wash and coat at the same time after a pre-wash. I personally prefer the previous method.

Good luck to you.

P.S.

Blackfire HydroSeal works just as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Anthony....you might want to think about Blackfire one step...you can use it by hand..it cleans...polishes and protects....also top it with SIO2 blackfire sealant

8. Likes Anthony0077 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If you are doing this for money, you will kick yourself for working by hand. I'd look into at least a Porter Cable 7424XP, if not a Griot's G9 to start.

Also, I have used just about every Collinite product, and in all types of temps and humidity. It is my opinion that all of the hazing problems come from over-applying it. Most people just cannot wrap their heads around how THIN you need to apply these products.

I have been using the same bottle of 845 on my truck and/or Wife's Jeep for 5 years now. It is just now half empty........
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony0077 View Post
    Thank you. As I'm starting off, I may not do any paint correction. However, is the Blackfire a good product if I wish to apply it by hand? Obviously, machine application is better but I'm waiting off on using any machine polishers for now. Also, Is Wolfgang SiO2 Paint Sealant a good product if I'm not doing any paint correction and just looking for protection and gloss?

Yes, you can apply the BF One Step by hand ... that's one of the reasons I suggested it as you had previously stated you were working by hand. BF One Step is neat because you can dial up or down its correction ability by altering your method of application (hand or machine) as well as the applicator material used (foam pad, microfiber pad, etc.).

As for your other question, yes, both the Duragloss and Wolfgang sealants would be fine to use without doing any correction. Any quality sealant will give you "protection and gloss" regardless of whether or not you have done any prior paint correction.

Post Thanks / Like

Thin is the name of the game. Remember, you're only removing the excess when you wipe off. You will get a thinner, more even coat if you use a machine, and the application process will go faster, as will the removal. If you have the budget, invest in an entry level polisher, such as the Griots G9. Get some of the grey finishing pads....practice on your own car. You will be amazed how simple it is.

As a side note, consider a spray on product like Griots 3 in 1 Ceramic Spray Wax. Easy to use, and checks the boxes of gloss, shine and protection.

12. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for all your suggestions!

Quote Originally Posted by 57Rambler View Post
    Yes, you can apply the BF One Step by hand ... that's one of the reasons I suggested it as you had previously stated you were working by hand. BF One Step is neat because you can dial up or down its correction ability by altering your method of application (hand or machine) as well as the applicator material used (foam pad, microfiber pad, etc.).

As for your other question, yes, both the Duragloss and Wolfgang sealants would be fine to use without doing any correction. Any quality sealant will give you "protection and gloss" regardless of whether or not you have done any prior paint correction.
    The BF One Step looks like a great product, however, as I live in Canada I can't seem to find the product online anywhere. Any sggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    Thin is the name of the game. Remember, you're only removing the excess when you wipe off. You will get a thinner, more even coat if you use a machine, and the application process will go faster, as will the removal. If you have the budget, invest in an entry level polisher, such as the Griots G9. Get some of the grey finishing pads....practice on your own car. You will be amazed how simple it is.

As a side note, consider a spray on product like Griots 3 in 1 Ceramic Spray Wax. Easy to use, and checks the boxes of gloss, shine and protection.
    I will definitely look into the Griots G9 polisher and probably work on my own car as practice.

EDIT:

Would the 3D ONE HYBRID SINGLE STEP COMPOUND work just as well? It seems to be more accessible for me to purchase. I've read some great reviews on this product and the ease of use for beginners is a plus.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast