autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: P&S Bead Maker VS Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Spray Coating

Quote Originally Posted by SR77 View Post
    I am very happy with the Griots so far and plan to keep using it as my base. Pretty inexpensive, easy to use and does not ruin my MF towels. My plan is to get a gallon of Technicians Choice Ceramic Detail Spray this spring to use as my drying aid/topper and this combo should easily get me 6+ months protection on my outdoor cars.
    Griots also makes ceramic speed shine now that would be an option.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Mistersnoop,

Yes, I have seen the Ceramic Speed Shine which has some impressive reviews so far and looks like it would be a great combo. Only reason for the Tech Choice Ceramic Detail Spray for me is I can get a gallon of it at about half the price of the new Ceramic Speed Shine. I tend to go through detail sprays pretty quickly as I use them for drying aids/toppers, wheels, interior, around the house etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Ah. I actually had the ceramic speed shine first since they sent me some for free and had to buy the ceramic 3 in 1 afterwards. Haven't had a chance to use either yet but plan to once it warms up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SR77 View Post
    I have 3 cars with Griots 3in1 on them applied back in November (only 1 coat). 1 is garaged the other 2 site outside 24-7.

The garaged car I just washed this weekend and was still beading nicely and still looks great.

The other 2 cars outside certainly are not beading up as well as the garaged car, but you can tell the protection is still there. Not bad at all after 5+ months in what has been a pretty harsh NJ winter.

I am very happy with the Griots so far and plan to keep using it as my base. Pretty inexpensive, easy to use and does not ruin my MF towels. My plan is to get a gallon of Technicians Choice Ceramic Detail Spray this spring to use as my drying aid/topper and this combo should easily get me 6+ months protection on my outdoor cars.
    Your situation is similar to mine...although those of us in the southern part of NJ got a lot less winter than you guys did. I bought a gallon of Ethos Defy (on sale) to use as a topper....happy to report it is working very well for me.

Just so you know....those of us in southern NJ do not believe there is a central NJ...only north and south

Post Thanks / Like

Very timely topic. Im getting a new black SUV in a few weeks so I think Im going to give the Griots 3-1 a try as a base. I have some BM and some Xtreme Poly Seal to use as a topper. Vehicle is garage kept when not at work.

Post Thanks / Like

I really like Bead Maker's ease of use and gloss enhancements, but it is really only suitable for garage queens. The protection it provides is not much better than a detail spray like Adam's Polishes. I use Bead maker on my garage queen, but not on my daily driver or my wife's car. Honestly, If I was doing this for a side hustle or fulltime business, I would look at cheaper products with longer lasting protection results. I recently tried Optimum Car Wax and it has held up nicely on my wife's car the past 3 plus months. On the next sunny/warmer day, I'll wash her car and put on Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer. I used that on my daily and it held up great for at least a month and a half before running the car through a car wash (don't care about scratches on that POS). I'd even look at one of the Turtle Wax sprays like Seal & Shine or Synthetic Spray Wax. It's hard to beat the cost per result on those. I haven't tried Griots 3-1 yet, but I hear good things with it too. Good luck with your business!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12