autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

P&S Bead Maker VS Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Spray Coating

Hello All,

I'm new here and new to the detailing world. ��

I'm looking to start my own detailing business this spring and looking to provide the customer a nice gloss and protection with the best hydrophobic properties.

Which product would you suggest I go with?

P&S Bead Maker OR Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Spray Coating?

EDIT: TW Ice Seal & Shine was on my radar as well. This will be applied as a solo product no sealants or waxes will be applied before)

Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: P&S Bead Maker VS Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Spray Coating

Welcome.

If you want something hydrophobic then Bead Maker is not it. But if you want something that attracts dust, nothing better out there.

I’d say this would make your customers happy:

Griot's Garage Ceramic 3-in-1 Wax

Griot's Garage Ceramic 3-in-1 Wax
    Bruno Soares

3. Likes Loach, vobro, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I would agree with BSoares, Griot's Ceramic 3-in-1 Wax is one of the best spray protectants I've tested in terms of ease of use and outright durability. I know you can get durability out of Ice Seal N Shine and Hybrid Solutions, but Griot's has outpaced them both on longevity. Bead Maker I would reserve as a maintenance topper on other products, I've probably had better luck with Bead Maker compared to most, phenomenal coating topper for me but not for durability.

Griot's has you covered on the polishing side as well, the G9 polisher with the BOSS abrasive liquids are some of the best in the business.

5. Likes Bruno Soares, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So....slightly different perspective and experience with BeadMaker.....have not had the dust attraction issues that others have had, and as far as gloss and slickness, it's an outstanding product. While it may excel there, it is seriously lacking in longevity. I absolutely agree, however with Loach and BSoares as far as Griots 3 in 1 Ceramic Spray Wax.....head and shoulders above the competition as far as durability. Product is user friendly, as long as you do not over-apply, and watch your overspray. Weather impacts the user experience a little.....high temps and humidity mean you need to be more diligent when using it to avoid streaks.

The fact that it is a solid product, reasonably priced, and locally available make it a winner

7. Likes Bruno Soares, dgage, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have close to a gallon of BeadMaker left in my garage and I was kinda expecting more given its hype. As mentioned, durability was an issue. Sooooo, if anyone in the NE/NJ area wants to pick it up - be my guest. I'm a big Griot's fan and am curious about this for for wife's Subaru. What is a reasonable longevity for this product - car is outdoors 24/7?
    Last edited by bob m; 03-01-2021 at 04:27 PM. Reason: grammar

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bob m View Post
    I have close to a gallon of BeadMaker left in my garage and I was kinda expecting more given its hype. As mentioned, durability was an issue. Sooooo, if anyone in the NE/NJ area wants to pick it up - be my guest. I'm a big Griot's fan and am curious about this for for wife's Subaru. What is a reasonable longevity for this product - car is outdoors 24/7?
    Fair question....I applied this to my daughter's Hyundai back in October......her car sits in a parking garage for the most part. It is still beading water, but is showing a little weakening. It has gotten zero boosters since October. I think 3-4 months is a good estimate in terms of protection...maybe a little longer of it gets topped.

Post Thanks / Like

What is a reasonable longevity for this product - car is outdoors 24/7?
    I have not experienced the dust attraction with BM, and I will say it makes the paint very slick and glossy. (That might be subjective to the LSP you have though).

But as far as longevity? Meh...... if I got 2 weeks out of it, I'd be shocked.

BM smells great, is easy to use, and gives great gloss. But for my money, I'll stick with good old DG Aquawax or OCW for something that will last longer than 10 days. JME
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    I have not experienced the dust attraction with BM, and I will say it makes the paint very slick and glossy. (That might be subjective to the LSP you have though).

But as far as longevity? Meh...... if I got 2 weeks out of it, I'd be shocked.

BM smells great, is easy to use, and gives great gloss. But for my money, I'll stick with good old DG Aquawax or OCW for something that will last longer than 10 days. JME
    I thought he was asking about the Griots 3 in 1 ceramic spray wax

Post Thanks / Like

Depends on how much rain and driving being done. 2-4 months. Not the best Crazy beading but it’s stout. Would highly recommend unless you wanna spend Polish Angel money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I have 3 cars with Griots 3in1 on them applied back in November (only 1 coat). 1 is garaged the other 2 site outside 24-7.

The garaged car I just washed this weekend and was still beading nicely and still looks great.

The other 2 cars outside certainly are not beading up as well as the garaged car, but you can tell the protection is still there. Not bad at all after 5+ months in what has been a pretty harsh NJ winter.

I am very happy with the Griots so far and plan to keep using it as my base. Pretty inexpensive, easy to use and does not ruin my MF towels. My plan is to get a gallon of Technicians Choice Ceramic Detail Spray this spring to use as my drying aid/topper and this combo should easily get me 6+ months protection on my outdoor cars.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast