autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Deepest wettest reflections

Deepest wettest reflections

Hi guys, newbie from the UK posting on the forum here.

First up, BIG respect to Mike Phillips!

I am the lucky owner of a Range Rover Sport 2014 Autobiography in Santorini Black (Metallic) I’ve just started refining the swirls out with a Rupes LHR15III/Uno/ultra fine pad combo with great results and would like to know your thoughts on what products would give me the deepest,wettest,most reflective shine?

I’m not too interested in how long the products last, as I LOVE the application process.

Due to the unpredictable UK weather and not having anywhere undercover to do the work, ceramic is not really an option. Also take into account a lot of US products aren’t available in the U.K. I’m guessing you’ll ask “why not post on UK forums”?

Well, we’re not as open minded and a little blinkered in our approach over here... suggestions and ideas?

2. Likes hoyt66 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Deepest wettest reflections

Pinnacle Souvean sounds like a winner for you. Not much in the durability department, but it would look like a pool of ink.

4. Thanks Gazbaz thanked for this post
    Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gazbaz View Post
    Hi guys, newbie from the UK posting on the forum here. First up, BIG respect to Mike Phillips! I am the lucky owner of a Range Rover Sport 2014 Autobiography in Santorini Black (Metallic) I’ve just started refining the swirls out with a Rupes LHR15III/Uno/ultra fine pad combo with great results and would like to know your thoughts on what products would give me the deepest,wettest,most reflective shine? I’m not too interested in how long the products last, as I LOVE the application process. Due to the unpredictable UK weather and not having anywhere undercover to do the work, ceramic is not really an option. Also take into account a lot of US products aren’t available in the U.K. I’m guessing you’ll ask “why not post on UK forums”? Well, we’re not as open minded and a little blinkered in our approach over here... suggestions and ideas?
    IMO its in the polish job not the final product. Depth is due to looking through the clarity of the clear. The more and thicker the clear, the greater the appearance of depth. Just like looking through a thick plus power lens on a pair of glasses, the eyes appear bigger. It magnifies the appearance of depth. I just installed some insanely clear PPF on my wife's car and the depth of where it is appears deeper thanks in part to this effect.

In the end, the final product matters but you'd be splitting hairs IMO. I do most all ceramics any more but the depth of them is still insane.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

6. Thanks Gazbaz thanked for this post
    Likes PaulMys, Gazbaz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to AGO!

If you can get your hands some Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant, that will make any dark color pop like crazy. Top that with some Wolfgang Fuzion, and you won't believe your eyes.

But, as mentioned above, the final product is only as good as the foundation you lay: Correctly decontaminated, smooth, corrected paint.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

8. Thanks Gazbaz thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yup, WGDGS topped with Fuzion ( it’s on my M4, metallic grey). It just makes it melt.
    2022 Carrera S & Honda CRV Hybrid
    2015 Lexus IS 350, 2016 Ford F-150
    Cobalt 242 (8.1 L block, Volvo outdrive)

10. Thanks Gazbaz thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a fresh coat of Fuzion on my daily driver. Gosh does it look like liquid!

And when that look wears away the car still looks very crisp for up to four months until it's time to reapply
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

12. Thanks Gazbaz thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I wish I could get a deeper wetter looking finish for my metallic black 300 :/
    ·Ï¢årµ§·

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
    I wish I could get a deeper wetter looking finish for my metallic black 300 :/
    Polish it!!

Post Thanks / Like

Polish angel Cosmic spritz every 3 months. Follow with High gloss or Black wulfenite monthly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Thanks Gazbaz thanked for this post
    Likes Craig Encinitas liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Pinnacle Souvean sounds like a winner for you. Not much in the durability department, but it would look like a pool of ink.
    Pinnacle is often mentioned over here, I’ve dismissed it before due to its high price. A quick investigation reveals I can get a small pot for around £40
    I like the deep warmth from a carnauba wax, having tried Pete’s 53, Victoria concourse, Collinite(I can’t remember which one) Blackfire Midnight Sun and Angelwax Enigma.
    I was hoping I’d fall in love with the Enigma after trading all of the reviews but it just didn’t float my boat.
    Ultimately, the Blackfire range has been my favourite so far, ease of application and depth of finish being better than most of tried.
    Strangely it doesn’t have much of a following over here in the UK!
    I know Mr Phillips loves the Pinnacle range.....maybe that’ll be recommendation enough!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast