autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Super Member Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How do you do so much in so little time?

Quote Originally Posted by 2black1s View Post
    From my experience it's the small details that comprise much of the total time.

Obviously, the more you have refined your process, have the right tool/product/set-up for the specific task, and the less "goof-off" time you engage in, the more efficient you will be.

But I still believe to this day, and probably always will, that it is "attention-to-detail" (ATD) that is the biggest driver of time. Defining the "fine-line" of when and where that "attention-to-detail" is warranted is key to making efficient use of your time.
    I think this is some really good perspective!

I tend to be pretty high on the totem pole when it comes to "ATD", certainly higher than most but maybe not as high as some, and the result is that it will typically take me longer to do the same job than the next guy. Now you have to ask yourself, is the same job really the same job if the "ATD" you applied higher than the other guys? Then you also have to ask whether all of the applied "ATD" was necessary? Or was it wasted time on insignificant/non-critical details?
    I hope you don't mind if I use your words to help to educate customers. I actually have a ring of fire event coming up on Thursday that I think this will be helpful with!

On a little side note - I have previously visited Jacob's facebook page and website and have seen some of his work along with his general philosophy regarding "detailing" there. I can say with near certainty that he understands the "ATD" that I'm talking about. He may even have me beat in that respect.
    Brother, thank you so much for the compliments! Man I can't even begin to describe how much that means to me! Everything else you've written here has been very helpful as well!

Check out my slogan on my business card. I tie this in to every aspect of my business.

How do you do so much in so little time?-20210216_125451-jpg

2. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How do you do so much in so little time?

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN View Post

I think this is some really good perspective!

I hope you don't mind if I use your words to help to educate customers. I actually have a ring of fire event coming up on Thursday that I think this will be helpful with!
    Don't mind at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN View Post
    Brother, thank you so much for the compliments! Man I can't even begin to describe how much that means to me! Everything else you've written here has been very helpful as well!

Check out my slogan on my business card. I tie this in to every aspect of my business.

How do you do so much in so little time?-20210216_125451-jpg
    I knew you'd get it.

4. Thanks Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN thanked for this post
    Likes Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12