autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Dash protectant from cracking

Hi about to purchase a car that has the tendacy for the dash to crack.
    Toyota Mark X 2007

As far as I know the dash is not bad on this one. I haven't sited yet.
    Idea is to get something now (OTC) like Meguiars or similar. Any recommendations with this would be appreciated.?

I need some other product from Auto geek but this won't be ordered for a month or two.
    Any recommendations with this as well.

Thinking a dash mat which one looks the best personally don't like carpet ones.

Thanks in advance

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dash protectant from cracking

Never bought a dash matt so can’t help their. I wouldn’t use anything substantial OTC if you are going to do a coating or some type of better sealant from AG in a month or two. Don’t want to havecto worry about some inferior product gumming up whatever your going to use in a month or two.

Maybe get some meguiars interior quick detailer at most to clean and moisturize dash till you do it.

If you wan’t to coat cquartz leather. If you wantca good interior trim sealant Gyeon preserve.

I use PBL vinyl &leather coating and feel it’s a kinda in between a coating and sealant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you.
    Is the Meguairs Interior Detailer a OTC product?
    Which one do you recommend see there is a Quik or Ultimate?

Is it a good product?

Picked car up yesterday and it has been detailed inside and not sure what they used but probably cheap.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

For your application, you want max UV protection to keep that dash from cracking.

Unless/until you go with a sealant/coating, 303 Aerospace Protectant, 303 aerospace, 303 protectant, aerospace protectant, 303 products, 303 is going to give you better UV protection than your typical "Interior Detailer" product. Should be able to find it OTC.

Post Thanks / Like

The last time I used a dash mat was back in the 90's. Never really like the look of it.

I also would recommend 303 protectant. Been using this product for years and never had any issues.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks
    Purchased car (Toyota Mark X 2007) yesterday dash not too bad at this stage has few scratches, well they look like scratches , maybe hair line cracks.
    Think when dealership detailed the interior probably a cheap product. It was pretty shiny, dash is black.

I wanted to move fast so I purchased bottle of Meguiars Quik Interior Detailer think I might have added some scratches. Are dashboards easily scratched?

Thought of using coating but probably like car paint coating's a lot of work to remove etc. I guess.

Would I go for a sealant and dash mat or just one or the other? Don't mind the dash mat look as long as it works. Think this dash marks/scratches easily.
    Wonder how the dash mat connects to the dash as soon as dash scratches/marks easily.

303 Aerospace is it a sealant?

Thanks in advance

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeteT19640 View Post
    Thank you.
    Is the Meguairs Interior Detailer a OTC product?
    Which one do you recommend see there is a Quik or Ultimate?

Is it a good product?

Picked car up yesterday and it has been detailed inside and not sure what they used but probably cheap.

Thanks
    Either one is fine. I like the quik because it’s cheaper and I think works as well. Both OTC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeteT19640 View Post
    Thanks
    Purchased car (Toyota Mark X 2007) yesterday dash not too bad at this stage has few scratches, well they look like scratches , maybe hair line cracks.
    Think when dealership detailed the interior probably a cheap product. It was pretty shiny, dash is black.

I wanted to move fast so I purchased bottle of Meguiars Quik Interior Detailer think I might have added some scratches. Are dashboards easily scratched?

Thought of using coating but probably like car paint coating's a lot of work to remove etc. I guess.

Would I go for a sealant and dash mat or just one or the other? Don't mind the dash mat look as long as it works. Think this dash marks/scratches easily.
    Wonder how the dash mat connects to the dash as soon as dash scratches/marks easily.

303 Aerospace is it a sealant?

Thanks in advance
    I imagine todays dash met gotten better since the 90s. The one I got was fabric based had a tendency to curl up on the edges as it aged. I secured them to the dash using small strips of Velcro.

303 is a protectant and it does have UV blockers in the formula. It should aid in preventing the dash from cracking.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Either one is fine. I like the quik because it’s cheaper and I think works as well. Both OTC

Does the Quik have much protection?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by psnt1ol View Post
    I imagine todays dash met gotten better since the 90s. The one I got was fabric based had a tendency to curl up on the edges as it aged. I secured them to the dash using small strips of Velcro.

303 is a protectant and it does have UV blockers in the formula. It should aid in preventing the dash from cracking.

Yeah I have seen some that look ok, but some just don't seem to fit that well it seems, wonder if it is the airbags.

Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast