Greetings everyone. As the title suggests, I am looking for some advice on which pads I should purchase next. I currently have a Griots G9.

From what I can gather from reading a lot of posts on the subjects, there are a lot of good brands and one can’t really go wrong with a reputable brand.

In regards to the pads that I have currently:

6 orange
6 black
2 red

These are Griot’s pad (the thicker ones) but NOT the Boss pads. I have used the black pads with Dr. Beasley’s Z1 to detail my Audi and while they worked well I can see how they do not have very much cut. I think I got by with those pads due to a combination of the paint being overall in good condition and good abrasive technology in the Z1.

I emailed Griot’s the other day; they suggested I step up to their white boss pad if I was looking for something with more cut. They recommended the entire boss lineup of pads; not sure if it will be worth it to get the thin orange pads since I already have the thick orange pads. I am also looking at the Buff and Shine Uro Tec maroon pads and both of their blue pads (the coarse blue heavy cutting and dark blue heavy polishing). I’m not sure if getting the dark blue heavy polishing would be redundant given the fact that I already have the Griot’s orange pads. I am not opposed to buying Microfiber Pads either; leaning towards the Griot’s BOSS Microfiber Pads as they seem rather user-friendly and not as aggressive as other brands such as Meguiar’s. To be completely honest, I do not intend to routinely attempt detail cars that need heavy correction but at the same time it can’t hurt to have a wide selection. I am just a weekend warrior/hobbyist so I would only be detailing my car and friends and family etc.

In regards to products I plan to use some combination of black fire one step, the griots correcting and fast correcting creams as well as their finishing cream, and potentially more Z1 Depending on the job and the vehicle of course.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated! There are so many choices it can get overwhelming trying to figure things out! I also know I don’t need 1 million different pads but hey where’s the fun in that!