autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is there a need to further prime the pad with polish after using a pad conditioning spray?

Just to add a little to my prior post... I do prime foam pads with the product I'm using and I do it thoroughly, but lightly, including the edge.

Then, to delay and minimize pad saturation, I'll wipe (more like scrub) the face of the pad with a terry towel to minimize any excess product so what I end up with is a very light film of product over the entire face and edge of the pad.

I then repeat the wiping process for each new set of section passes removing as much spent product as practical before moving on.

This is just my way... I'm certainly not professing it to be the only way, or the right way, but it is the right way for me.

The bottom line - If your results meet your expectations, whatever your process, then your process works for you.

2. Likes Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN liked this post
    Super Member Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is there a need to further prime the pad with polish after using a pad conditioning spray?

Quote Originally Posted by 2black1s View Post
    Just to add a little to my prior post... I do prime foam pads with the product I'm using and I do it thoroughly, but lightly, including the edge.

Then, to delay and minimize pad saturation, I'll wipe (more like scrub) the face of the pad with a terry towel to minimize any excess product so what I end up with is a very light film of product over the entire face and edge of the pad.

I then repeat the wiping process for each new set of section passes removing as much spent product as practical before moving on.

This is just my way... I'm certainly not professing it to be the only way, or the right way, but it is the right way for me.

The bottom line - If your results meet your expectations, whatever your process, then your process works for you.
    Well said. Thank you sir!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    I prime microfiber pads because it's a totally different type of pad with millions of individual fibers.

When it comes to foam pads, I let the product I'm using self-prime foam pads.

Pad saturation is a problem when it comes to foam pads. I'm not going to help the problem.

Thanks Mike! Your input and expertise is always much appreciated!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    Im not a fan of those pad conditioner sprays. Wet foam pads loose effectiveness, so why speed it up. I don’t prime foam. I just go heavy on my first cycle and let the product spread itself out.

Wet Microfiber pads will create steam and ruin the pad. I don’t use MF pads much but if I do, I just prime with product.

I can’t stress enough to also use lots of pads (of course as you budget allows). In the long run your pads last so much longer if you swap out per panel.
    Okie dokie buddy. Well I bought that stuff thinking I was gonna be high speed but maybe I'll just use it up and then go back to allowing the pads to self prime Is there a need to further prime the pad with polish after using a pad conditioning spray?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12