autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Member Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Is there a need to further prime the pad with polish after using a pad conditioning spray?

Is there a need to further prime the pad with polish after using a pad conditioning spray?

I'm going to start using the BF Advanced Pad Conditioner rather than prime the pad with polish or dump a boat load of polish on the pad and allow it to self prime.

I just want to be sure I'm understanding the directions correctly.

With this product there is no need to further prime the pad with polish correct?

Would you reccomend still lightly priming the pad with polish or desired AIO?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is there a need to further prime the pad with polish after using a pad conditioning spray?

I do prime my microfiber towel's when using a sealant .....Mike had a video showing that

3. Likes Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is there a need to further prime the pad with polish after using a pad conditioning spray?

I'm of the mind that priming your pad is best done with whatever product you are using, be it a compound, polish or wax.

There's a lot of "optional" stuff out there and I think spray on pad conditioners are one of them.

Do they work? Maybe. Are they necessary? Absolutely not.

5. Thanks Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN thanked for this post
    Likes Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I never "prime" my pads (meaning to spread the product all over the pad like you are buttering a slice of bread).

I find that this method prematurely saturates the pads.

I just use enough product to start (a big circle on a fresh pad), and then just enough product to continue on the next section.

The pad conditioner won't hurt, but IMO it is just more liquid to saturate the pad. Plus, I'm not worried about " marring caused by dry-buffing". I mean, I am polishing...........
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2black1s View Post
    I'm of the mind that priming your pad is best done with whatever product you are using, be it a compound, polish or wax.

There's a lot of "optional" stuff out there and I think spray on pad conditioners are one of them.

Do they work? Maybe. Are they necessary? Absolutely not.
    Thank you brother. I appreciate your take on it!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    I never "prime" my pads (meaning to spread the product all over the pad like you are buttering a slice of bread).

I find that this method prematurely saturates the pads.

I just use enough product to start (a big circle on a fresh pad), and then just enough product to continue on the next section.

The pad conditioner won't hurt, but IMO it is just more liquid to saturate the pad. Plus, I'm not worried about " marring caused by dry-buffing". I mean, I am polishing...........
    I've had experiences with my pads overloading with product as well.

When this happens I usually start getting sling off.

I'd bet the circle of product you put on the pad helps it to self prime during your first initial section.

Thank you buddy!

Post Thanks / Like

I do the same as Paul mentioned above. Don’t want too much product. Now when using microfiber pads it’s a different story and I do prime.

Pad conditioners I don’t like. Makes that first pass too wet and splatters.
    Bruno Soares

10. Thanks Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BSoares View Post
    I do the same as Paul mentioned above. Don’t want too much product. Now when using microfiber pads it’s a different story and I do prime.

Pad conditioners I don’t like. Makes that first pass too wet and splatters.
    Thank you for sharing your experience! Is there a need to further prime the pad with polish after using a pad conditioning spray?

Mike Phillips

I prime microfiber pads because it's a totally different type of pad with millions of individual fibers.

When it comes to foam pads, I let the product I'm using self-prime foam pads.

Pad saturation is a problem when it comes to foam pads. I'm not going to help the problem.

13. Likes Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Im not a fan of those pad conditioner sprays. Wet foam pads loose effectiveness, so why speed it up. I don’t prime foam. I just go heavy on my first cycle and let the product spread itself out.

Wet Microfiber pads will create steam and ruin the pad. I don’t use MF pads much but if I do, I just prime with product.

I can’t stress enough to also use lots of pads (of course as you budget allows). In the long run your pads last so much longer if you swap out per panel.
    Jim

15. Likes Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast