autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

How long to wait before topping ceramic

My Gtechnic Halo and hybrid (half my car is expel) says to wait 12 hours before introducing water. What about toppers? Do I need to wait longer.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How long to wait before topping ceramic

Subscribed to see the responses. CarPro allows Reload topping of CQ immediately and I think others do similar with other brands regularly. But since I don’t know the answers for other brands, I’ve never had the heart to apply a topper immediately or a few hours after a coating or coating lite.

Post Thanks / Like

Wait until the first wash. Or longer.
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like

I got this info on Halo from another site.

GTECHNIQ HALO - FLEXIBLE COATING FOR FLEXIBLE FILMS.
    HALO enhances the performance of Paint Protection Film (PPF) and vinyl. It’s a chemically bonding, ultra-dense flexible film that becomes the permanent surface of the film – protecting it from the elements a car faces on a daily basis.

The density of the coating and its low surface energy improve dirt and water repellency of PPF or vinyl. It also helps to prevent staining from dirt ingression, as well as reducing yellowing caused by UV rays.

Overall, HALO keeps the PPF looking in a much better condition and makes it much easier for people to keep their car clean following PPF/ vinyl application.

Rigorous real-world and laboratory testing has proven HALO to be compatible with all types of gloss, matte, and satin vinyl and PPF. It is also proven to work on self-healing films.

Box contains:

30ml or 50ml HALO Flexible Film Coating

A pair of nitrile gloves

AP2 Ultra Soft Foam Filled Applicator

Master Instruction Leaflet

Gtechniq window sticker

Storage and use

Shake bottle well and wear gloves

To apply HALO, your vehicle must be indoors and remain indoors, for at least 12 hours after the coating has been applied. For best results, good lighting is essential

If applying to previously installed film, wash and decontaminate the vehicle with Gtechniq W5 Citrus All Purpose Cleaner and W6 Iron and General Fallout Remover

Spray a 30% dilution of isopropyl alcohol (IPA) on to a Gtechniq MF1 ZeroR Microfibre Buff Cloth

With your surface fully cooled, buff to remove any fingerprints or other surface contaminants. This process ensures you get the maximum number of chemical bonds between HALO and the film or vinyl

Apply HALO evenly on the application pad and set the bottle aside

Apply with applicator provided in overlapping strokes to an area roughly 2’x2’, or work to the bodylines of the vehicle

After coating a panel remove residue with an MF1 cloth. Always remove from further than you have applied, working from the outside in

Once applied carry out a final check with an MF1 cloth and a bright but diffused light source – this will ensure no residue remains on the surface. Allow the coating to cure for at least one hour and repeat the application process so that all film and vinyl is coated with two layers of HALO

An unopened bottle of HALO has a 12 month shelf life from the time of purchase

Store in a cool/dry place, out of direct sunlight

Use within 3 months of opening

Post Thanks / Like

This is for Hybrid...

Storage and Use:
    Ensure that you have sufficient product to coat your vehicle. For cars up to and including a medium estate car i.e. a BMW 3 series touring, 30ml is sufficient but for full-sized cars including 4x4s and SUVs you will need the larger 50ml bottle
    EXOv4 can be applied as a stand-alone sealant or as a top layer for Gtechniq C1 Crystal Lacquer or Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light (CSL) - we recommend applying C1 or CSL as a base coat for easy to mark and dark paints
    If you are applying over C1, EXOv4 should be applied more than 2 hours but less than 12 hours after you finish the C1 application
    If you are applying over CSL, EXOv4 can either be applied straight away after you have finished applying CSL starting the process at the same place you did with CSL and following the same order of panels you did with CSL, or it can be applied up to 24 hours after finishing the CSL application
    Ensure that your vehicle is out of direct sunlight but warmer than 5 degrees Celsius, is completely dry and will stay dry for at least 12 hours after application
    If needed, polish your paintwork either by machine or by hand to remove any imperfections
    Wipe down all surfaces using Gtechniq Panel Wipe and a Gtechniq MF1 ZeroR Microfibre Buff Cloth (apply the Panel Wipe to the cloth and buff, not directly to the panel) if you are applying over newly applied C1 or CSL, this step is not required
    Put on the nitrile gloves provided
    Drop several (between 5 and 10) drops of product onto the applicator provided. Work the liquid into the pad to get an even saturation
    Apply with applicator provided in overlapping strokes to an area roughly 2' x 2' (60x60cm), or work to the bodylines of the vehicle
    If the surface of the vehicle is between 5 and 15 degrees Celsius, wait for two minutes and then fold your first MF1 twice to form a square, spread and remove most of the residue using a light touch. If the surface is between 15 and 25 Celsius wait for one minute and for temperatures above this, remove immediately
    With your second folded cloth remove all remaining residues. We advise moving your head so that you get direct and oblique views of your finish to spot all residue. It is also advisable to use bright, but flat lighting, to make residue spotting easier
    Once you have finished coating your vehicle we recommend repeating the process starting from the same place as you did for the first layer and coating panels in the same order so that you coat your entire vehicle with two layers of EXOv4. You do not need to wait between applying the first and second coating but it will not make it harder to apply the second coating if you do leave a much longer interval between applying the first and second layer
    Allow the coating to cure for at least 12 hours before getting wet
    We recommend allowing at least one week pass before washing your car
    You will find that your vehicle is significantly easier to clean and whilst EXOv4 has significantly better resistance to caustic wash chemicals these chemicals will shorten the lifespan of any coating and are not recommended as part of your care routine
    EXOv4 can be overcoated with other products, but if this is done you will get the surface performance of the product you overcoat it with and not EXOv4
    An unopened bottle of EXOv4 has a 12-month shelf life from the time of purchase
    Store opened bottles in a dry and cool storage area that's out of direct sunlight
    We recommend only using opened bottles within three months of opening

Mike Phillips

Sorry for chiming in late, but been a tick busy with this project...

2021 My Classic Car TV Commercials sponsored by Autogeek

Looks like you got great feedback.

Me?

Probably after the first wash. I tend to like to be pro-active instead of re-active.