autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Most durable wipe on....

mike et.al.....

My health is so so, I don’t really work on my car too much anymore. But I certainly like a clean car. So I can muster up the effort annually to polish/treat the car with car Pro essence gloss enhancer using my orbital, and then I have a question. Which of the below products that I own would be the most durable? Once a month I use a touchless car wash down the street That is easy on my car, I just set it for rinse with none of their harsh wash chemicals. I Really only only need to knock the dust off the car from the condo garage, it never really gets too dirty as I’m not driving much these days.So how would you rank the below products for spray and wipe or spray on/hose off? I realize how to apply all the different products listed below. I am looking for the most durable, not really the most glamorous or glossiest…This is for the BMW X2 listed below if the paint composition/hardness matters.

Carpro Hydro2 lite?
    carpro reload
    blackfire si02 spray
    gyeon wetcoat
    mckees 10 min paint sealant
    blackfire crystal seal
    Meguires hybrid ceramic spray.

Bottom line: is any one of these better than the others when it comes to durability?

thank you in advance
    Glen -

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Most durable wipe on....

I am guessing you might be a senior citizen like me....what I use for a dusty car is a waterless wash...spray it on then wipe off....then I use blackfire SIO2 sealant spray...maybe you can try that

3. Thanks glen e, Caraman thanked for this post
    Likes glen e, Caraman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I am a rinseless guy from way back vs waterless,I was a duragloss rinseless guy for years then I graduated to Echo2, I don’t even wanna do that anymore, touchless drive-through is what I want to use when I fill up, and then I want to know what of the above is the most durable after a few washes.

Right now I think my plan is to drive through the car wash and about every fifth or sixth time take it next-door to the spray wand wash, spray on Hydro2 light, and blow it off with a spray wand ,drive 5 min home and wipe down with a slightly moist waffle weave. I do like the blackfire stuff though, that’s what on the old car right now.
    Glen -

Post Thanks / Like

•IMO:
    -McKee’s 10 min paint sealant, and the
    blackfire crystal seal are the only true
    “wipe-on” products on your list {ok, it
    would be a stretch, but perhaps blackfire
    si02 spray
    could/should also be included
    in that category }

•And then, after taking into consideration
    your below statement, I’ll say:

-‘go with BF Crystal Seal: Hard to beat the
    ease of using “wipe-on” and then just walk
    away products’—especially for us Boomers!
    amiright...?
    Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    I do like the blackfire stuff though...

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

You could probably get three months plus out of Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer with a garaged vehicle.

I know it's not on your list. But easy wipe on application and looks great.

You know, there's nothing that says you have to do the whole car at once. It's easy to break it into sections (Roof, hood, rear, drivers side, passenger side) and get surprisingly good visual results. Just do the amount that gets your blood moving. Then, next time start where you left off. Kind of a never ending exercise rotation. It would probably be good for your health

Post Thanks / Like

Are you sure the touch less gets everything off? I’ve read of people who’ve tested pressure washers with various products and even those need physical touching to remove all of the dirt. I’d worry that you wouldn’t get all of the dirt off with a touch less wash and then you’d be wiping a sealant on with dirt and swirling dirt into your paint while you’re trying to protect it.

And I use Uber Rinseless and Washless with SiO2 but used to use Duragloss Rinseless and still use a lot of their products.

Edit: And I know you said garage dust but you’re still driving it some, even if a little and anytime you take it out you’re getting contaminants on your paint.

Post Thanks / Like

I also have some Carpro reset. So actually before I do the carpro essence I would use the reset to get everything clean. Then I would apply something after that, I agree that the McKees and the crystal seal are probably the strongest most durable. And yes I plan to do the essence over three or four days doing two panels a day, I have COPD, that is fairly controlled,But I don’t like to stand for too long a time, it gets very tiring, so an orbital/essence all in one operation is too much.
    I actually may hire a neighbors kid to do the essence with me supervising. He details his car now And knows how to use an orbital.

Thanks for all the comments.
    Glen -

Post Thanks / Like

Which of the below products that I own would be the most durable? ...

... I am looking for the most durable, not really the most glamorous or glossiest…This is for the BMW X2 listed below if the paint composition/hardness matters.

Carpro Hydro2 lite?
    carpro reload
    blackfire si02 spray
    gyeon wetcoat
    mckees 10 min paint sealant
    blackfire crystal seal
    Meguires hybrid ceramic spray.
    Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    Are you sure the touch less gets everything off? I’ve read of people who’ve tested pressure washers with various products and even those need physical touching to remove all of the dirt. I’d worry that you wouldn’t get all of the dirt off with a touch less wash and then you’d be wiping a sealant on with dirt and swirling dirt into your paint while you’re trying to protect it.
    I actually may hire a neighbors kid to do the essence with me supervising. He details his car now And knows how to use an orbital.

Thanks for all the comments.

So ...

1. Hire neighbor's kid.
    2. Do a good 2 bucket wash.
    3. Polish with Essence.
    4. Then have him apply either the Reload or the Blackfire SiO2 Spray.

Supervise him as necessary, since you said you are familiar with how to apply these products.

Everybody wins ... you get the work done and he picks up experience.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks....So it’s your opinion that either the reload or the blackfire SI02 is probably the most durable that can stand up to the most touchless car washes before it needs to be reapplied? (Of the ones on my list)
    Glen -

Post Thanks / Like

Honestly none of those products are going to last that long. I would look into a more durable spray coating. I would look into either the Adams UV spray ceramic coating or their new graphene ceramic spray coating. Super easy to use and will pair nicely with Essence. You can reapply months down the road.

CanCoat would be the other option as well. CanCoat over a primer polish is a great combination.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast