autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Layering Pinnacle Liquid Souveran Car Wax

Hi all,
    i love the look and the feel of Pinnacle Liquid Souverän Car wax. I have a few coats of pinnacle series II on the car now and I’m not ready to strip everything off the car and polish it out then start layering coats of wax back on right now. Can I just add a layer of liquid souveran on top of the wax that is there already?

thanks,
    mike

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Layering Pinnacle Liquid Souveran Car Wax

•I personally don’t see why not:

-Both products are formulated with
    (natural) Carnauba Wax, and (man-
    made/synthetic) polymers.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Yes. Go for it.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

I see no reason why you couldn't. That being said, there may be a little curing time before applying another coat. My guess at least 1 or 2 hours minimum.
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakaz1961 View Post
    I see no reason why you couldn't. That being said, there may be a little curing time before applying another coat. My guess at least 1 or 2 hours minimum.
    With all due respect, there is no cure time in a strict sense because there are no polymers in Souveran that "cross-link", and from what I know about this product there is nothing synthetic in the formulation.

If one does wait at all, the curing would be natural evaporation of the solvents, yet Pinnacle doesn't state a cure time is needed and another layer of the same product won't inhibit the evaporation process anyway. The risk you run is that as the product "cures", contaminates in the air are already attacking the wax layer. So there is a diminishing return. All-in-all, if the manufacturer doesn't state a cure time, then go with public sentiment, best practice and your own personal preference.

For me, if I do layer a pure carnauba wax, I make a deliberate effort to put thin layers on to avoid hazing and using too much product. I've become a fan of using a polisher to apply them because the time savings is just too valuable for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mwoolfso View Post
    With all due respect, there is no cure time in a strict sense because there are no polymers in Souveran that "cross-link", and from what I know about this product there is nothing synthetic in the formulation.

If one does wait at all, the curing would be natural evaporation of the solvents, yet Pinnacle doesn't state a cure time is needed and another layer of the same product won't inhibit the evaporation process anyway. The risk you run is that as the product "cures", contaminates in the air are already attacking the wax layer. So there is a diminishing return. All-in-all, if the manufacturer doesn't state a cure time, then go with public sentiment, best practice and your own personal preference.

For me, if I do layer a pure carnauba wax, I make a deliberate effort to put thin layers on to avoid hazing and using too much product. I've become a fan of using a polisher to apply them because the time savings is just too valuable for me.
    Understood! No offense taken with your response BTW, and thank you for teaching me something about this. You gave me a couple of more brain cells which is a good thing!...LOL Take care and have an awesome day!
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mwoolfso View Post
    Taken from the AG page for Pinnacle Liquid Souveran:

Pinnacle Liquid Souverän Car Wax is the quintessential example of the sizzling shine and winter-tough durability that liquid carnauba car waxes are capable of when formulated using advanced chemistry. Pinnacle Liquid Souverän Car Wax features Brazil’s highest grade carnauba wax fused with Pinnacle’s signature crystalline polymers that were developed right here in south Florida. This advanced blend of high-grade Brazilian carnauba wax and advanced polymers delivers a deep, dazzling shine and a length of paint protection that was once exclusive to synthetic paint sealants.

Not saying it needs to cure or anything, but definitely not without added polymers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I would read through this and go from there to decide what you feel like doing. Since Pinnacle Series II is not a polymer bond linking wax. And the Liquid Souverän is that and has a longer longevity than Series II has. I would strip the old wax off and build up the Liquid Souverän from scratch. It can be layered if you wait 24 hours between coats so it can cure hard enough to be applied on again. You are also recommended to wait to wash until the 24 hours has gone.

Finally Liquid Souveran Wax achieves the Pinnacle of Perfection. Liquid Souveran Carnauba Wax has the ease of a liquid wax with the protection and

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Since Pinnacle Series II is not
    a polymer bond linking wax.

”In addition to carnauba, Signature Series II
    contains a complex blend of polymers and oils...”

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX650 View Post

”In addition to carnauba, Signature Series II
    contains a complex blend of polymers and oils...”

Bob
    It contains polymers but what I could get out of reading the description of it. The polymers in this one is for getting the carnuaba wax in a desolved state and ad reflectivety to the carnuaba. And the polymers in the Liquid Souverän is to get it to bond and cross linking harder with a longer longevity as results. Of up to 5 months longevity for Souverän and 6 weeks for the Signature Series II.
    From the description of Signature Series II:

During research and development, he found that the “jetting factor” of the wax could be improved with the addition of a new liquid crystal polymer. This polymer was originally designed to form resins for use in electronic connectors. For our purposes, the polymer is left in a semi-liquid state that both softens the carnauba and enhances the wax’s reflective nature. The result is a wetter, glossier finish that brings out the best in any color paint finish.

11. Likes VitreousHumor liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast