autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Super Member Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What Level Of Finish Can I Get With the LC Orange CCS Light Cutting Pads And BF One Step

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    This is real simple,

Do a Test Spot - see how the orange pads are finishing out on the paint. If you see micro-marring from the pad then you have two choices,

1: Do a 2-step, start with cutting pad and BF One Step, go over Sub a second time with polishing pads to remove the micro-marring. This kind of defeats the purpose of calling it a one-step. Also - if you're charging then you're losing money.

2: IF the foam cutting pads are micro-marring then just use foam polishing pad.

The really BIG PICTURE is this, if you sold this customer a ONE STEP Production Detail - you should NOT have promised to remove all the swirls and scratches. That's 2 or 3 steps and you're happy to do it if htey are happy to pay.

If they don't want to pay - then YOU educate your customer and explain you're going around the Suburban ONCE and only using a foam polishing pad. You'll get what you get.

Make sense?

When I get on Facebook and read comments from detailers in similar situations - they don't understand the when doing one-step production detailing you're NOT supposed to promise show car results. That's a different package at a higher price point.

Thank you Mike! I just talked to the owner of the Suburban a while ago and it seemed to me that they would be pretty happy with any improvements I could make. I plan to bring them in during the test spot phase if they are not too busy so we can witness the results together.

At any rate I think the Suburban will make a large improvement!

Mike Phillips

Re: What Level Of Finish Can I Get With the LC Orange CCS Light Cutting Pads And BF One Step

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN View Post

Thank you Mike! I just talked to the owner of the Suburban a while ago and it seemed to me that they would be pretty happy with any improvements I could make.

Here's the best combo that I think would produce the best results in the least amount of time.

1. FLEX Supa Beast with 6" backing plate
    2. BLACKFIRE One Step
    3. RUPES Yellow 7" CP Pad

One and done and with this combo you would be able to plow through this job as fast as humanly possible while producing pro-quality results.

Top with BLACKFIRE BlackIce for extended protection - at least the horizontal surfaces.

KISS - Keep is Simple Simon for doing production details.

Work towards getting the Supa BEAST to make your work faster and easier on you and more profitable in the long run.

3. Thanks Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN thanked for this post
    Likes Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Here's the best combo that I think would produce the best results in the least amount of time.

1. FLEX Supa Beast with 6" backing plate
    2. BLACKFIRE One Step
    3. RUPES Yellow 7" CP Pad

One and done and with this combo you would be able to plow through this job as fast as humanly possible while producing pro-quality results.

Top with BLACKFIRE BlackIce for extended protection - at least the horizontal surfaces.

KISS - Keep is Simple Simon for doing production details.

Work towards getting the Supa BEAST to make your work faster and easier on you and more profitable in the long run.

Mike,

Thank you so much for this info!

I'm getting the Supa BEAST and the Rupes yellow pads for my one step jobs as soon as I can for sure!

Right now I have a 5 inch DA and the LC 5.5 in HDO orange polishing pads.

I used this combo on the Suburban and still got quite dramatic results.

Also here's a teaser pic, and I topped with BLACKFIRE BlackICE as well!

The instructions on the BLACKFIRE BlackICE say to apply the wax very thin. I was wondering if you had an article or write up that explains this?

Also it seems like there's no getting the BF BlackICE out of your waxing pad. I used the flex PiXiE to wax the Suburban and let me just say that a little goes a long way.

Also I soaked the pads overnight in the BLACKFIRE Citrus Pad Cleaner and there's no getting it out. This is just a note to anyone reading in the future and I mean that in no negative way. IT'S REALLY GOOD WAX!!!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

I finished up the Suburban today! Here's some pics and I'll have a show and shine coming up soon as well!

6. Likes PaulMys, deuce01 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I finished up the Suburban today! Here's some pics and I'll have a show and shine coming up soon as well!

SWEET!!!!!!!!
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

8. Thanks Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    SWEET!!!!!!!!
    That Suburban is BLACKFIRE brother!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app

10. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Mike Phillips

The instructions on the BLACKFIRE BlackICE say to apply the wax very thin. I was wondering if you had an article or write up that explains this?
    I don't think so - the BIG PICTURE is you only NEED a thin coat as any extra product will just get wiped-off and thus it's wasted product and wasted energy wiping off the excess product.

Also it seems like there's no getting the BF BlackICE out of your waxing pad.

Also I soaked the pads overnight in the BLACKFIRE Citrus Pad Cleaner and there's no getting it out. This is just a note to anyone reading in the future and I mean that in no negative way. IT'S REALLY GOOD WAX!!!
    And that's a good thing.

Think about it - if you cannot wash it out of a pad - it isn't going to simply wash off in the rain or when the car is washed.

I used the flex PiXiE to wax the Suburban and let me just say that a little goes a long way.
    We cannot keep these tools in stock. Yes - they sell out that fast.

12. Thanks Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN thanked for this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123