autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Mike Phillips

Advice choosing a MyTee Hot Water Extractor?

Advice choosing a MyTee Hot Water Extractor?

Anytime I get questions via e-mail, a PM or a FB message I prefer to invest my typing time where

A: It's easier for me to share links, pictures and videos.

B: More people can read and thus benefit from the information. (no just one set of eyeballs)

So I get an e-mail asking,

Mike

My son is asking me to look into this product for his detailing business up in St.Louis

What do you recommend model wise and accessories ?

Thanks
    Dave

Great questions Dave. Here’s the deal.

HP60 Spyder
    If your son is going to do a LOT of interior detailing then a hot water extractor that holds a lot of clean water and thus will hold a lot of dirty extracted water before a person has to empty the dirty water tank and refill the fresh water tank, then a Hot Water Extractor like the MyTee HP60 Spyder is the way to go. It holds 6 gallons of fresh/dirty water before you have to empty and refill.

Mytee HP60 Spyder Hot Water Carpet & Upholstery Extractor

Lite III 8070
    If interior detailing and hot water extraction is something he’s only going to do once a week or once a month, then the Mytee Lite III 8070 is a great machine. This is a 3 gallon machine.

Mytee Lite III 8070 Hot Water Carpet Extractor

S-300H
    If doing hot water extraction is going to be rare – then Mytee S-300H is a great option and will get the job done.

Mytee S-300H Tempo Heated Carpet & Upholstery Extractor

~~~~~~~~~~

All of the above offer plenty of heat and extraction to do about any job. The real key is for the person doing the extracting to invest time using the tool to be come an expert at it no matter which extractor.

~~~~~~~~~~

Accessories - Mytee 8400P Air Lite Upholstery Tool

In my opinion, the MOST IMPORTANT thing you can do when buying a hot water extractor is to get the option CLEAR extraction wand. This way you can see when the water being extracted has finally turned clear. I do not beleive ANY of the above extractors include the clear wand - it's something you buy separately. I point this out as the Mytee S-300H shows it in the picture. Ask your customer care rep to be sure.

Mytee 8400P Air Lite Upholstery Tool

Word cannot describe how nice this feature is when it comes to knowing when to move to a new section.

And for what it’s worth, I show all three in my detailing classes. I show the first two larger units in my 3-day class here at Autogeek. I pack, ship and show the small extractor in my Road Show Classes.

Hope that helps.

I appreciate your reaching out to me for help as it's important to get the extractor that will best fit your son's business model for interior detailing.

Mike Phillips

Re: Advice choosing a MyTee Hot Water Extractor?

Continued...

Hope that helps and feel encouraged to join our forum, this is where I answer questions. Email and Facebook messaging are okay, but the forum is a LOT more powerful. (think about it - it's how you found me in the first place)

Click here to join the AutogeekOnline.net car detailing discussion forum - THE best forum on the Internet

In my opinion, this forum will be your son's most powerful tool.

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting. What about those of us that don't do this professionally and would like a good unit that won't break the bank? I have a Bissell Autocare Pro Heat and the results are meh. I find I get much better suction with a shop vac. I did all the mats in my wife's car over the weekend and the extraction was not the best using the bissel.

Sent from my VOG-L04 using Tapatalk

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlySheds View Post

Interesting. What about those of us that don't do this professionally and would like a good unit that won't break the bank?

I don't know. I'm just sharing tools I use that I know work great and are also on the Autogeek.com store - keeping within the forum rules.

5. Thanks DeadlySheds thanked for this post