autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

lastest products for wax or sealant

I purchased these products 3 years ago and i'm running out so i wanted to know if I should continue to use these products or buy something better. I've also heard of the spray on sealant/ceramic coating from Wolfgang. Should I add that as well? and would I spray that on after I wax the car? Thanks for your help.

1) Pinnacle Clay Bar
    2) Pinnacle Paintwork cleansing lotion
    3) Collinite 845

Post Thanks / Like

Re: lastest products for wax or sealant

What are you looking for in the new wax/sealant.

Collinite 845 is a great sealant. It looks good and is really durable.

Which Wolfgang product are you asking about, the Uber Ceramic Spray? If so, I'd say use either the Wolfgang product OR the 845, not both. The Ceramic Spray is a light weight coating with a claimed one-year durability. That is double what you'd get from 845. If anything you'd put the spray on first since it's more durable and then top with the 845. However, that's overkill and the 845 would mask the coating properties of the Wolfgang spray.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I saw a few posts on sealant/ceramic spray. I thought this was in addition to the wax. I'm happy with the 845 and I use it once a year. I know I should do it every 6 months but i haven't done that yet. I think i'll stay with the 845 for now. Thank you.

Mike Phillips

There has been SO MANY new and cool products introduced in the last few years.

Maybe visit the homepage of the forum for a few days and just read some of the discussion?

Post Thanks / Like

I am actually going to give a friend an unopened bottle of Blackfire Pro Ceramic coating because I’m too busy to apply it though part of that has to do with the weather and needing 3 days of clear weather after a weekend. I’m going with Mike’s recommendation of more frequent usage of a good product than necessarily using a longer life product. I decided I’d just go with Gyeon CanCoat with a Gyeon Cure topper periodically and then redo it every 4-6 months. Will also use a SiO2 based (ceramic coating compatible) primer polish to give a good, solid base for the coating. With proper maintenance and regular topping with Cure, I should have plenty of protection for 6 months and by then I’m wanting to get out and mess with the car anyway so I’ll redo it. CanCoat is so simple and quick to apply, I’ll probably be able to do a coat in under a half hour once I’ve applied it a couple times.

Post Thanks / Like

In my experience, CanCoat with occasional toppings of Cure has lasted 12 months. I really don't think you'll need to redo anything every 4~6 months. Just keep washing it and periodically topping it with Cure! If you use Gyeon's primer, you may get even better results.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

7. Thanks dgage thanked for this post