autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Is Blackfire Pro ceramic Black edition safe on Factory PPF on 2019 Honda HRV

I've just ordered a bottle Blackfire Pro ceramic Black edition. Initially I was going to coat my Civic but I've decided to do my wife's 2019 HRV. After she bought the HRV & brought it home is when I realized that it has some kind of (I'm guessing) factory clear PPF. It is only on the painted section of the front bumper, mirrors, & a small triangular pieces on the rocker panels just behind the rear doors. The first time that I detailed her car, I used WaxedShine iron remove. The car bled like a stuck pig. I went around & agitated the iron remover with a soapy mitt, then pressure washed it. It had one orange spot on the triangular piece on the passenger side that didn't go away. At this time, I didn't realize the PPF was there. So I applied more iron remover, washed with a soapy mitt, & pressure washed. It was still there & so I repeated a third time. Each time the orange spot was getting smaller. When I went back after the 4th application( I was letting the iron remover sit for 3 minutes), I saw bubbling & near bout crapped my pants. LOL!! That's when I realized it was PPF bubbling & not the paint. So that's my background info/experience with this PPF.

The Blackfire Pro Ceramic says that its safe for all non vinyl PPFs. How do I determine if this is vinyl PPF or not? I don't need to booger up anymore of the PPF or the wife might get a little upset.

Thanks for any light that you can shine on this !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is Blackfire Pro ceramic Black edition safe on Factory PPF on 2019 Honda HRV

Aren't all PPF's made of some sort of vinyl?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is Blackfire Pro ceramic Black edition safe on Factory PPF on 2019 Honda HRV

The BLACKFIRE Pro Ceramic Paint Coating Black Edition is perfectly suitable for vinyl and PPF! The only caution we would provide is it would add gloss to a matte vinyl wrap or PPF, so it wouldn’t be appropriate if you're not looking generate gloss.
    Autogeek R&D
    andre@autogeek.net

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Andre, thanks very much for the reply!!

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post

The BLACKFIRE Pro Ceramic Paint Coating Black Edition is perfectly suitable for vinyl and PPF!

Thank you Andre. I appreciate the help.