autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Dr Beasley NSP polishes.

Not sure if anyone caught this in the last Live video that Mike in Yancy did on compounds.....

When these were introduced, I commented on why they chose that style of containment for these as it is certainly different than any other product.

Mike said on the video the reason is so less oxygen gets introduced in to the product thus not hardening the ceramic components. Makes perfect sense now thinking about it!

Still looking forward to trying these out!
    Jim

2. Likes mbkite liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Re: Dr Beasley NSP polishes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    Not sure if anyone caught this in the last Live video that Mike in Yancy did on compounds.....

When these were introduced, I commented on why they chose that style of containment for these as it is certainly different than any other product.

Mike said on the video the reason is so less oxygen gets introduced in to the product thus not hardening the ceramic components. Makes perfect sense now thinking about it!

Still looking forward to trying these out!

Thanks for posting this Jim. AND - I didn't forget that somewhere on this forum you had asked about the TUBE containers instead of bottles and true to my word - I did ask Jim the reason for this in our videos and also in person and at some point I did plan on getting back to you.

As you pointed out - the reason for the tube is the smaller tapered size means less air to solidify the contents as you go through the product.

I'm pretty sure Jim shares this in the LIVE Round Table discussion video we made, which is video #24 in the link below. Also in video #25

Complete List of Live Broadcast Videos on YouTube - Yancy Martinez & Mike Phillips

AND - on Monday after IDA SV testing, Jim and I shot a dedicated video just to talk about the new NSP technology and we also covered the tube instead of bottle topic in it.

Don't think Yancy has it edited yet but will soon.

4. Likes Thomkirby liked this post
    Mike Phillips

For everyone reading this into the future,

For my big 3-day detailing classes we start out going over short stroke polishers. Next is RUPES BigFoot then Griot's BOSS then FLEX tools then Free-4-All followed by rotary polishers. That's 12+ cars depending on the cars and the class size. For this last class we did 15 cars the first two days.

The FIRST 3 cars were for short stroke free spinning random orbital polishers and for this type of tool the class used the new Dr. Beasley's NSP Primers and the Dr. Beasley's Ceramic Resin Coating.

Here's what Dr. Beasley's NSP line of Primers and his coating can do.

This class started at 7:30am and they folks were working on these cars by 8:00am.

No chairs. Not Tables. No sitting.

How's that for a WAKE-UP and get to work class?

Pictures: 2020 September 3-Day Detailing Bootcamp Class

6. Likes Thomkirby liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Thanks for posting this Jim. AND - I didn't forget that somewhere on this forum you had asked about the TUBE containers instead of bottles and true to my word - I did ask Jim the reason for this in our videos and also in person and at some point I did plan on getting back to you.

As you pointed out - the reason for the tube is the smaller tapered size means less air to solidify the contents as you go through the product.

I can barely remember where I typed some stuff in the forums and I only type about 1/100th of what you do. I know you would get back to me but since I watched the video and saw the info, I wanted to share with everyone. Kind beat you to it and hopefully saved you some searching in the process!

Anyway, thank you for asking and getting a solid answer from Jim. Much appreciated!!
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Just to chime in..

Will be using the NSP Z1 tomorrow on a white GT350!!!!

Can't wait to see this tmw using the Flex CBeast.

Tom
    Mr Tommy's
    Wash, Buff, Wax

9. Thanks Thomkirby thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I fell in love with the NSP Primers the first day. I was using NSP45 on a medium hardness paint, being the red Ferrari Mike posted a picture of. I had the Lake Country UDOS in 8mm da mode with a yellow Buff & Shine polishing pad, and was hardly applying any pressure to the vertical panel because the UDOS was stalling out so bad. It cleared up the panel of scratches after 8 passes. My mind was blown, and I was sold. The product did the work with the pad and little pressure to help. Dr Beasley's NSP primers are the real deal and I'm switching.
    Owner/Operator Auto Massage LLC - www.automassagellc.com
    Custom painter and commissioned artist - www.spikedairstudio.com

11. Thanks TMQ thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Spikey....

I have a gut feeling I'll be switching too!

Tom
    Mr Tommy's
    Wash, Buff, Wax

Post Thanks / Like

Dr Beasley NSP polishes.

Luckily, after the class Dr. Beasley's was kind let the class take the partially used bottles home, thanks Jim L!

Anyway I had a car to do for my cycling buddy's wife as they left town for a few days. I was able to test all three products out on a 2010 Toyota Avalon in Pearl White. It was in the worse case condition from years of neglect, and lots of love marks from parking lot romances. I was not sure about them during class as they seemed to wipe off with a slight residue or it seemed. Talking with Jim, the owner of Dr. B's, he told me that it was normal and all the chemistry magic would appear clearly during the coating process.

And as Mike Phillips says, you have the trust the chemist to turn out great products that they will 'stand-up' to defend. Guess what, it worked and the Ferrari was gorgeous but really shined outside in the sun. Sadly it rained later that day and the owner was slow to pickup the car. We caught it in time and used the Flex hand blowers to clear off the water beading and a light drying towel. Used a quick spritz to keep it good until the owner showed up for his ride.

Yep, Dr. Beasley's product line is not extensive but I am impressed how they perform!

My finished product using 1201-coating. It really is going to be a first choice coating to sale to many Daily Drivers.

14. Thanks oneheadlite, Desertnate thanked for this post
    Likes Mike Hoekstra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dr. Beasley's does seem to be an under appreciated and under represented brand. Maybe this will help get them the visibility they apparently deserve!

My only hang up is the owner wearing the white coat. I know it's about marketing, but as the parent of someone in the medical field and witnessing the significance and the somber occasion surrounding them being presented their first white coat, it kinda rubs me the wrong way....but that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomkirby View Post
    ....I was not sure about them during class as they seemed to wipe off with a slight residue or it seemed.
    This caught my attention. Are you saying the polishes leave behind an oily residue that's hard to remove? Is it a hologram-like smear? I might think twice about trying them if that is the case.

I've used some really good polishes in the past which appeared easy to remove, but left behind an oily residue which turned out to be difficult to eliminate. It left hologram-like artifacts when viewed in bright sunlight. Under a sealant it's just unsightly, but leads to a lot more work with a prep spray if you're trying to apply a coating.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post

This caught my attention. Are you saying the polishes leave behind an oily residue that's hard to remove? Is it a hologram-like smear? I might think twice about trying them if that is the case.

I've used some really good polishes in the past which appeared easy to remove, but left behind an oily residue which turned out to be difficult to eliminate. It left hologram-like artifacts when viewed in bright sunlight. Under a sealant it's just unsightly, but leads to a lot more work with a prep spray if you're trying to apply a coating.
    First go to their website and it confirms these contain no oils!
    Nano Surface Primers

I was working the "95" on the black Maserati and it was a touch different in the wipe-off than my Griot's or Sonax products. I did not have that with the '45' product I used on the last car I did once back home. Key to these products and the Z1 is that they are ready for coating, do not do any prep solution after using them! That turned out to be a quicker method to lay down the coatings.

FYI, as to the lab coat I actually suggest to him that would have been fun. He does have his doctorate and is a bit of a 'mad scientist' when it comes to blending up the new products. Jim (Dr. B) took over 5-years of working on these formulas to get what he believes is a better product. White coat or none, he stands behind his product and for that I am impressed.

Give them a try and let us know how they work for you next vehicle.

17. Thanks Desertnate thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast