autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Member Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I've Got An Amazing New Stainless Work Surface Coming In 4 Weeks. What Are The Recommended Purposes For Detailing?

I have an awesome new portable stainless steel work surface coming. I ordered the portable version so I can move the work surface under the most ideal lighting conditions when inspecting microfiber towels.

My question is, aside from using it to inspect towels what else can I use it for?

Thank you for any information you can provide!

2. Likes PaulMys, Thomkirby liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I've Got An Amazing New Stainless Work Surface Coming In 4 Weeks. What Are The Recommended Purposes For Detailing?

That's a great table/cart! Awesome! I'd use it as a rolling work bench--machines, polishes, pads.
    Scott Harle
    Autodermatology
    #autodermatology

4. Thanks Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN thanked for this post
    Likes Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I've Got An Amazing New Stainless Work Surface Coming In 4 Weeks. What Are The Recommended Purposes For Detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by Sizzle Chest View Post
    That's a great table/cart! Awesome! I'd use it as a rolling work bench--machines, polishes, pads.
    That's a pretty good idea! I can probably keep clean towels and pads on it as I polish a vehicle this way I'm not having to dig into my clean towel containers all of the time.

This will also keep me from having to make trips back and forth and I can keep it laid out and organized.

I have a tool cart I can keep close to me as I work. I can keep the table on the side that I am working on.

Thank you Scott! Are you the Porche King in your area? For some reason I feel like you detail a lot of Porches! I love seeing your work brother.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sizzle Chest View Post
    I second this.

Pull it around the car as you work to set your polisher down quick and grab whatever you need next.

I keep mine to my right. Polisher set down to my right with right hand, grab light with left hand and microfiber with right hand in one quick motion at waist level
    Ripping through your mind like a hurricane full of novocaine

7. Thanks Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Add a shelf or two below it

9. Thanks Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 98CayenneTA View Post
    I second this.

Pull it around the car as you work to set your polisher down quick and grab whatever you need next.

I keep mine to my right. Polisher set down to my right with right hand, grab light with left hand and microfiber with right hand in one quick motion at waist level
    Roger that. I'll probably keep my polisher, light, and polishes on my tool cart. As I feel these items could contaminate the table. I'll definitely have to do a little experimentation to get a great system worked out.

I plan on doing as yourself and Scott have suggested. I'll probably keep the table to my right and the cart to my left. Just like you said I can grab my light off of the tool cart with my left hand and grab a clean microfiber towel or fresh pad off of the table with my right. I can keep my pad bucket that I soak my pads in on the bottom shelf of my cart. I think if I'm careful the solution won't slosh out as I roll the cart.

Post Thanks / Like

Filleting fish.

But like the other guys said, it will be super handy as a mobile tool rest. And like John U said, I'd certainly add a shelf below, and maybe some hooks to hang spray bottles.

The possibilities are endless, really. Just depends on how creative you are........
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

12. Thanks Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN thanked for this post
    Likes DUBL0WS6, Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Filleting fish.

But like the other guys said, it will be super handy as a mobile tool rest. And like John U said, I'd certainly add a shelf below, and maybe some hooks to hang spray bottles.

The possibilities are endless, really. Just depends on how creative you are........
    Roger that. I can't wait until she comes in! I'll have to post some pics up!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Mike Phillips

What to use it for?

A roll-around work bench.

It's nice to have a clean surface - that you can easily clean over and over again - to place your microfiber towels on and also inspect and fold them.

Besides that, you can also use to showcase the collection of pads, tools and products used on a car like I do for my write-ups.

Original Paint Restoration - 1970 Bronze Metallic Corvette - Pinnacle Jeweling Wax- Porter Cable

Here's everything I used...

15. Thanks Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    What to use it for?

A roll-around work bench.

It's nice to have a clean surface - that you can easily clean over and over again - to place your microfiber towels on and also inspect and fold them.

Besides that, you can also use to showcase the collection of pads, tools and products used on a car like I do for my write-ups.

Original Paint Restoration - 1970 Bronze Metallic Corvette - Pinnacle Jeweling Wax- Porter Cable

Here's everything I used...

Roger that Mike! I've Got An Amazing New Stainless Work Surface Coming In 4 Weeks. What Are The Recommended Purposes For Detailing?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast