autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Wolfgang PROFI Ceramic Coating Questions

Just purchased a bottle and did watch the video on how to apply this product.

1. I'm applying the coating on a white car. Will I not see the "rainbow flash" mentioned in the video?

2. What happens if I want to remove the ceramic coating?

3. What is the feel after this product is applied? When I touch it, it doesn't feel that much different from the clear coat that was on the factory paint. In the past, when I used the Wolfgang Deepgloss Paint Sealant. It leaves a very slick feeling. Is this not the case with Ceramic?

4. Can I apply Wolfgang DeepGlass Paint Sealant on top of the ProFi Ceramic coating? Or is that not really necessary and over kill?

Thanks!!

Mike Phillips

Re: Wolfgang PROFI Ceramic Coating Questions

Quote Originally Posted by mtech8 View Post

1. I'm applying the coating on a white car. Will I not see the "rainbow flash" mentioned in the video?
    You should be able to see it, you just have to look and usually view from different angels depending upon the light in your garage.

You'll need to polish the paint - in other words, use an abrasive polish and polish the car to abrade it off.

3. What is the feel after this product is applied? When I touch it, it doesn't feel that much different from the clear coat that was on the factory paint. In the past, when I used the Wolfgang Deepgloss Paint Sealant. It leaves a very slick feeling. Is this not the case with Ceramic?
    Most coatings do not make paint feel slippery like waxes and sealants. I only know of a few that do.

4. Can I apply Wolfgang DeepGlass Paint Sealant on top of the ProFi Ceramic coating? Or is that not really necessary and over kill?

Thanks!!

Because your question comes up all the time - I wrote a brand new article for this topic.

Can I apply a wax over the top of a ceramic coating?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like

On white there probably isn't much to be gained by topping the Wolfgang Profi coating. White lacks a certain degree of depth and shine compared to a darker color.

Post Thanks / Like

My advice based on owning a white car and coating it is to get yourself a good light. The rainbow effect can still be seen as Mike mentioned but lighting is key.

Any abrasive polish on a polishing pad will remove a coating.

Most coating leave a tacky feeling. It’s not a bad thing. Just something to get used to. I can’t speak to this coating as I have not used it.

You can. There is no law against doing so. Just know you will negate all of the befits from having a coating. I would stick with a maintenance topper if you have the desire to put something on. I believe Wolfgang has their own coating maintenance products.

6. Likes Desertnate liked this post