autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Coating Boosters

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Myself and another member reviewed the PROFI QD when it was provided to us by AG. I didn’t have a slick surface to begin with so didn’t note anything about lack of slickness, but the other member specifically pointed out that the surface left behind was not slick.

I can find the post for you, or you can do a search and you’ll find it... or just go with my cliff notes above.
    Thank you for the reply. The findings you mention are in line with what I found. I think I prefer a slick finish, but not sure if there is really any big benefit or not. I will follow up again next time I do a normal 2-bucket wash to see the actual water behavior. So far I only applied the WG Profi QD to the hood. My hope is that the water behavior (beading and sheeting) are the same as I had before applying the QD.

2. Thanks Coatingsarecrack thanked for this post
    Likes acuRAS82, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by engineerwolf View Post
    Thank you for the reply. The findings you mention are in line with what I found. I think I prefer a slick finish, but not sure if there is really any big benefit or not.
    I wouldn't get too hung up on how slick the surface feels. Besides, every time you run a finger down the paint, you're leaving finger prints!

In all seriousness some of the coating's I've used which have the best, tight, beading and amazing water shedding ability are not very slick. In fact, the slicker products I've used do not perform as well. The only real exception to the experience from the products I've tried is Gyeon Cure.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    I wouldn't get too hung up on how slick the surface feels. Besides, every time you run a finger down the paint, you're leaving finger prints!

In all seriousness some of the coating's I've used which have the best, tight, beading and amazing water shedding ability are not very slick. In fact, the slicker products I've used do not perform as well. The only real exception to the experience from the products I've tried is Gyeon Cure.

Thank you for the reply. I will be testing out the water behavior next week when I do an actual wash. I am interested in the reality of how the QD performs for water beading/sheeting. For general cleaning, it was good... just with the exception that the MF towel was very grabby on the paint. From that perspective, I think I prefer a slicker feel as the towel then just glides on the paint. But with that said, if the protection and cleaning properties are great, then I will be happy.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234