autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Coating Boosters

Just to give a quick update. I purchased the PBL Surface Coating per Mike's suggestion (with the 30% off sale a week or so ago). I have to say that it went on extremely easy. Took me about 20 minutes to do the whole car. I used Mike's method of cutting up a Forest Green Microfiber... have to say this made it extremely easy. I will follow up next time it rains or I wash the car to give an update on how the water beading is. But so far, I am very impressed.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been using either Quick Detailer/Final Inspection on My Vette and My Acura. Both have Gtechniq coatings on there. I can't lie...with all the hype about Bead Maker, I bought a gallon. I have not tried it yet...I will soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by J Z06 View Post
    I've been using either Quick Detailer/Final Inspection on My Vette and My Acura. Both have Gtechniq coatings on there. I can't lie...with all the hype about Bead Maker, I bought a gallon. I have not tried it yet...I will soon.
    I still have about a half gallon of bead maker. not sure it will get used. It is ok, but the longevity is not good. lasts only a few weeks at best. I am very hopeful with the PBL Surface Coating, that it will keep the vehicle very slick and easy to clean. if so, I will be doing the rest of the vehicles this fall (after it cools down some).

Also, just to note, a little of the PBL Surface Coating goes a long way. There is enough left in the bottle to do probably 6 or more cars.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by engineerwolf View Post

Just to give a quick update. I purchased the PBL Surface Coating per Mike's suggestion (with the 30% off sale a week or so ago).

I have to say that it went on extremely easy.

Took me about 20 minutes to do the whole car. I used Mike's method of cutting up a Forest Green Microfiber... have to say this made it extremely easy.

I will follow up next time it rains or I wash the car to give an update on how the water beading is.

But so far, I am very impressed.

Yeah buddy....

Good stuff. Easy to use. Leaves paint feeling slick and slippery. Works great on windshield too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Yeah buddy....

Good stuff. Easy to use. Leaves paint feeling slick and slippery. Works great on windshield too.

Hi Mike, yes, I applied on the paint, windshield, trim, and headlights. Like Frank's RedHot, I put that "stuff" on everything.

Will let you know the results when I get to see the coating in action. Hopefully we get some rain in the next day or so.

Post Thanks / Like

Just a quick update. I am very happy with the PBL Surface Coating, especially with the slickness that was added. Went on very easy, and the vehicle is very easy to maintain. I applied the PBL Paint coating and followed up with the surface coating on a second car with same results (after properly polishing and prepping the vehicle).

Today I tried to use the Wolfgang Profi Ceramic Detail Spray as the vehicle was pretty dusty and wanted to clean it. the product was easy to put on and remove, but I notice that the slickness I had on the vehicle is gone. Now the paint is fairly "grabby". Is this normal? As a result, I am very unhappy with the detail spray. maybe my expectations were not correct.

Mike Phillips

Just a quick update. I am very happy with the PBL Surface Coating, especially with the slickness that was added. Went on very easy, and the vehicle is very easy to maintain. I applied the PBL Paint coating and followed up with the surface coating on a second car with same results (after properly polishing and prepping the vehicle).
    Thanks for the follow-up and sharing your experience. I answer a TON of questions and give a a TON of recommendations and advice and from this I see a LOT of people buy what I suggest at Autogeek.

Rarely do I see the feedback. Good or bad. So thank you.

AND - I also appreciate your feedback about how the PBL Surface Coating works, using the simple application method I came up with. My experience is like yours. It's fast. It's easy. It works great. By the word GREAT - I mean the product does what I say it does, it creates an incredibly slick and slippery surface. Most coatings make your car's paint feel rubbery. It makes water bead like crazy and anytime it rains hard - the rain washes your car. When I do wash my own car, it's fast and easy. The car stays cleaner longer. And the paint looks clear and glossy.

So there's a part of me that wonders, Is this really happening? (the results from using PBL Surface Coating) - and then someone like you, who obviously is in tune with their car from a detailing perspective, vindicates me.

Thank you.

Today I tried to use the Wolfgang Profi Ceramic Detail Spray as the vehicle was pretty dusty and wanted to clean it. the product was easy to put on and remove, but I notice that the slickness I had on the vehicle is gone.

Now the paint is fairly "grabby". Is this normal?

As a result, I am very unhappy with the detail spray. maybe my expectations were not correct.
    And to be honest - I would have to re-visit this product to have a good answer. To date I've stuck with the PBL Paint Coating and Surface Coating on our Honda and our Infinity. I've considered changing the Honda over to Dr. Beasley's Z1 because it's a one-step product with ceramic protection that is supposed to last a year. I don't care if lasts a year but I'm a huge fan of quality AIO type products, which is what z1 is.

At the same time, I have a new product sitting on my desk to test and then write about and the only REAL way to test it and then write about it would be to use it on the right type of car and my Honda is the exact car for this type of product.

Stay tuned...

Mike Phillips

P.S.

I use the PBL Surface Coating on my eye glasses too. I cut out an even smaller chunk of a Forrest Green Edgeless Microfiber towel for this continually and ongoing detailing project.

Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Surface Coating

It's normally $130.00 a bottle, which is 8 ounces. That makes it $16.25 per ounce.

A popular ceramic coating is $60.00 for 30 milliliters, which is roughly 1 ounce. That makes it, $60.00 per ounce.

So an 8 ounce bottle can seem kind of expensive at $130.00 a bottle but compared to a lot of coatings on the market, it's cheap. And according to the testimony above by engineerwolf and yours truly, it's easy to use, leaves your paint feeling GREAT not rubbery and it also works great.

Good stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

I used the Wolfgang SIO2 spray(not booster). It's a really concentrated formula so a couple sprays on a MF can cover a larger panel. Looks really wet. It rinses really clean at a coin op car wash.

Post Thanks / Like

Today I tried to use the Wolfgang Profi Ceramic Detail Spray as the vehicle was pretty dusty and wanted to clean it. the product was easy to put on and remove, but I notice that the slickness I had on the vehicle is gone. Now the paint is fairly "grabby". Is this normal? As a result, I am very unhappy with the detail spray. maybe my expectations were not correct.
    Myself and another member reviewed the PROFI QD when it was provided to us by AG. I didn’t have a slick surface to begin with so didn’t note anything about lack of slickness, but the other member specifically pointed out that the surface left behind was not slick.

I can find the post for you, or you can do a search and you’ll find it... or just go with my cliff notes above.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast