autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First Post

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

First Post

Hi Mike,
    I am new to detailing and want to learn how to maintain my families vehicles. I have read a number of articles which I think give me a basic knowledge.

I have heard that adding a little rinseless wash, especially one without wax or gloss enhancers, to the Rinse Bucket of a normal two-bucket method can help pull dirt from the wash media.

Do you have any thoughts or ideas if this would be an effective technique?

Thanks

2. Thanks Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN thanked for this post
    Likes Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN liked this post
    Super Member Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: First Post

Quote Originally Posted by oldJames View Post
    Hi Mike,
    I am new to detailing and want to learn how to maintain my families vehicles. I have read a number of articles which I think give me a basic knowledge.

I have heard that adding a little rinseless wash, especially one without wax or gloss enhancers, to the Rinse Bucket of a normal two-bucket method can help pull dirt from the wash media.

Thanks
    I haven't heard that but it sounds interesting! I can't wait to hear a response! First Post

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to AGO, James.

While adding the rinseless to the 2nd (or "rinse" bucket) couldn't hurt, you will be safer with multiple wash mitts.

After one mitt is used, it gets thrown in the "used" bucket and never touches the paint again. Instead, a fresh new mitt is pulled from the wash bucket, and so on.......

This way, any used mitt will never introduce any dirt into the wash bucket.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

5. Thanks oldJames thanked for this post
    Mike Phillips

Hi Mike,
    Good for you and thank you for joining the forum.

Thanks

I've never heard of this?

I don't know of any rinseless wash that does not contain wax or gloss enhancers or shine agents?

I would bank on a chemical removing dirt from my wash mitt "enough" to then think this would be the way to avoid swirls and scratches while washing a car.

Here's what I do - use ONE BUCKET and lots of microfiber towels to wash the car instead of a wash mitt.

How to safely wash a ceramic coated car by Mike Phillips - Traditional Hose & Bucket Approach

It's real simple to figure out if you just take a moment to read the above article.

It's the TOWEL or MITT that is KEY to keeping your car scratch-free -Mike Phillips

I never use the 2-bucket method to wash a car. Haven't for years. I use 2 buckets, one for my microfiber towels for washing the car and a second bucket called the Wheel & Tire Brush Bucket to hold my wheel and tire brushes.

I think I share the practice of using a Wheel & Tire Bucket in video Number #7 here,

Complete List of Live Broadcast Videos on YouTube - Yancy Martinez & Mike Phillips

Post Thanks / Like

wow now that I coated my car...LOL now I have to have to maintain it...first what car wash should I use...can I use a wash mit...or have to use microfiber towels...also can i use ceramic coating spray ...need help

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by weekendwarrior View Post
    wow now that I coated my car...LOL now I have to have to maintain it...first what car wash should I use...can I use a wash mit...or have to use microfiber towels...also can i use ceramic coating spray ...need help

I am not sure that I am the one to answer your questions, but I would say that any car shampoo from one of the leading manufacturers would be a good choice. Yes, a wash mitt, and 2 buckets (wash and rinse) would be recommended (a third bucket for only cleaning wheels). Plush microfiber towels will help with drying. There are tons of videos, on manufacture's sights and on YouTube. Watch several and make a plan on how to proceed. Hope this helps

Post Thanks / Like

I've not heard that one. The only thing remotely similar I have heard is to add 1/2 oz of rinseless to your car wash solution to act as a water softener (ex. Uber Rinseless suggests this).

10. Thanks Thomkirby thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 57Rambler View Post
    I've not heard that one. The only thing remotely similar I have heard is to add 1/2 oz of rinseless to your car wash solution to act as a water softener (ex. Uber Rinseless suggests this).
    I tried this idea a bunch of years back thinking the same thing.

Knocks the hell out of your suds, giving you basically a RW when you want suds.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by weekendwarrior View Post
    Any wash with out waxes or polymers should do. Forum favorites Reset (my fave) Optimum car wash and Meg’s hyperwash.

A mitt with a wash a rinse bucket is the two bucket method but many including myself use one bucket and alot of MF towels or wash mitts. I use 8. Use one mitt or MF on a panel and then use a new one. Old wash media never touches the next panel.

Most ceramic sealants can be used as a topper. A ceramic lite spray coating shouldn’t be used for maintenance but i used one after a year cuz i still had it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the information. Is a wash mitt better than a microfiber towel like 500 GSM? Is one wash mitt better than others?
    Thanks for you input

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast