autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First Post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: First Post

Quote Originally Posted by oldJames View Post
    Thanks for the information. Is a wash mitt better than a microfiber towel like 500 GSM? Is one wash mitt better than others?
    Thanks for you input
    Which is 'better' is not really the correct question, which one will not cause damage is a better way to view the options. I do ONR rinse less wash method and have used the 'Big Red Sponge' and never any issues. I also have and will continue to use the large chenille mitts for traditional wash (soap) as I think they release any trapped dirt or objects. I have the MF mitts and they hold lots of suds and very soft but I think they 'could' hold onto grit particles better so can be a hazard if not flushed clean. If you use a MF 500-gsm towel think of the length of the fibers. Often the 350-GSM have a shorter fibers so easier to rinse or less likely to grab and hold onto objects.

Mike in his videos uses a multi-towel method, (often the green Cobra towels, check out their Live videos) so they have minimal fiber length to not grab and hold onto objects. It really is a very solid method of using a one-bucket and reducing you chance of scratching the surface.

But if you have a dirty car with lots of grit on the surface, do a pre-rinse with your water hose or Pressure washer. In the end it is what is touching the paint that makes all the difference.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: First Post

Welcome to the forum!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12