autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: blackfire

Post Thanks / Like

Re: blackfire

Quote Originally Posted by Jayfro View Post
    Gino’s delivers Fed-Ex...my wife bought me a pizza from Gino’s years ago for my birthday! It tastes pretty close to the real thing.

BTW...my wife is from Syracuse and we have Grimaldis once a week or every other week!

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline
    The one in Brooklyn is GREAT!!
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Resin products have been around for years. Collinite 845 is resin based. I think Liguid Glass is too. It might just be the manner of solvents used and extra ingredients to enhance longevity.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes and no. There's all sorts of ways to create resin. Gotta remember that what makes up the resin is really what matters the most. In the cases of this, there is a real chemical reason for different bonding agents and inter-siloxane crosslinking agents to consider as well. That's why you have these 1 year, 2 year, 3 year, etc coatings. There's a good reason for some of them. Also why when some coatings claim permanent, it kind of actually is. Which has it's own downsides too.
    2016 Mazda 3 Sports GT
    2015 Lexus IS250 F Sport

Post Thanks / Like

thanks again for everyone's reply's...you are right about sending certain infro by PM...now if anyone needs blackfire sealant or wolfgang let me know...LOL I love Pizza...and GUZ thank you so much....the Polish will have a good home...will do my best to send pictures .

Post Thanks / Like

Mike demoed for you on yesterday's live stream on hand polishing. Fast forward to 1 hour 16 min.

Post Thanks / Like

I tried to find it yesterday....but couldn't...LOL senior moments

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WillSports3 View Post
    Yes and no. There's all sorts of ways to create resin. Gotta remember that what makes up the resin is really what matters the most. In the cases of this, there is a real chemical reason for different bonding agents and inter-siloxane crosslinking agents to consider as well. That's why you have these 1 year, 2 year, 3 year, etc coatings. There's a good reason for some of them. Also why when some coatings claim permanent, it kind of actually is. Which has it's own downsides too.
    Yeah, the idea of permanent coating could be an issue if the car was in a wreck and needed to be repainted. Any product going on top of paint should be able to be removed completely.

Post Thanks / Like

No, you misunderstood what I mean about permanency. It's not that it can't be removed. You can polish the layer off. What I mean by some coatings becoming permanent is because there is no coating layer sitting on top of the clearcoat. It's that the clearcoat's outter most layer becomes a mixture of the clearcoat and the SiC components, the coating has become as much clearcoat basically as possible chemically. The difference is basically, soldering a piece of metal onto the second piece of metal versus heating both metals up and then pouring the the molten metal on top of the second metal and letting it cool. Yes there is still a clear chemical difference between the two, however it is for all intents and purposes, one piece instead of two.
    2016 Mazda 3 Sports GT
    2015 Lexus IS250 F Sport

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123