autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

PBMG Product Lines

I notice that PBMG has numerous product lines that overlap considerably, nearly in every category of product.

I am trying to understand how the lines differ and why one would choose one over the other.

Pinnacle, Pinnacle Black Label, Blackfire Ice, Wolfgang...

And of course, if I order from Sonax USA—it comes from Autogeek since Vision Investments (the Sonax distributor in the USA) owns PBMG.

Trying to figure out the various tiers of product and suitability for a picky DIY’er/

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: PBMG Product Lines

Just my opinion based on heavy use of all lines and knowing prices:

Three Top-Tier lines with different purposes:

1A) PBL - Coatings, nano-glass line. It’s anchored by coatings and boosters, and came about around 2013-2014 as these types of products were becoming really popular.
    1B) Pinnacle - A traditional line of natural ingredients, with their top line carnauba products being the anchor
    1C) Wolfgang- A combo of natural ingredients and German technology (hybrid if you will), this is the top tier line that has just about everything now that they have numerous new ceramic products; they’ve already had top sealants (DGPS) and waxes (Fuzion).

Tier 2 (Professional)
    2) Blackfire, 3-4 years ago was a slightly lower budget Wolfgang, full of sealants (WDAFPP) and waxes (Midnight Sun, BlackICE). It was based off “wet diamond” polymers. A few years ago they changed the brand marketing to be large quantity, pro items. My guess is this was to avoid further overlap with AG and to lower prices selling in bulk, fulfilling the market for pros.

Tier 3 (Entry Level)
    3) DP, then Mckees, now DP again have been the entry level tier, good prices. They have tons of products. They’re all very solid for the price.

3. Thanks FM737 thanked for this post
    Likes PaulMys, DMiglio, MAXBKS, Thomkirby liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by FM737 View Post

I notice that PBMG has numerous product lines that overlap considerably, nearly in every category of product.

I am trying to understand how the lines differ and why one would choose one over the other.

Pinnacle, Pinnacle Black Label, Blackfire Ice, Wolfgang...

And of course, if I order from Sonax USA—it comes from Autogeek since Vision Investments (the Sonax distributor in the USA) owns PBMG.

Trying to figure out the various tiers of product and suitability for a picky DIY’er/

Thanks

I think acuRAS82 explained it about as well as I could so I hope that answers you're questions.

I'm going to move this to the Ask Mike Phillips your detailing questions! forum group as it's currently posted in the

Product Reviews by Mike Phillips

This forum group is for review threads only. The question forum group is for questions.

Not a big deal but I do regular housekeeping in my collection forum groups.

5. Thanks FM737 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Agreed
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Post Thanks / Like

If your throwing Sonax in their it would be tier 1 too. I don’t have much familiarity with the DP line but feel between the rest you won’t find one from any of thier brands you’ll be un happy with.

If i was voting quality and value.... the Pinnacle Black Label line.... throwing in price i would go Wolfgang

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk