autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Wolfgang Glaze and Pinnacle Advanced Fine finish polish

Hi Mike,

What are the performance differences between the Wolfgang Finish Glaze which you have shared is a fine finish polish and not a glaze and the Pinnacle Advanced Finish? How do you choose between the 2 fine finishing polishes?
    Thank you

Mike Phillips

Re: Wolfgang Glaze and Pinnacle Advanced Fine finish polish

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn D View Post
    Hi Mike,

What are the performance differences between the Wolfgang Finish Glaze which you have shared is a fine finish polish and not a glaze and the Pinnacle Advanced Finish? How do you choose between the 2 fine finishing polishes?
    Thank you

Different abrasive technology. I know the Wolfgang abrasive technology is from Menzerna. I don't know about the Pinnacle.

One thing for sure, both types of abrasive technology are top shelf. Here's two very EXTREME examples where the abrasive technology MUST be top notch or the or plastic would have suffered micro-marring.

NOTE: To really understand the CONTEXT of the below picture - people MUST read my entire write up. Read, not look at the purdy pictures.

Polishing Plexiglas to be as clear as glass using Pinnacle Advanced Finishing Polish

Note the polisher I used? Not a fancy long stroke - a SIMPLE 8mm SHORT stroke polisher.

Here's before...

Here's an old 2-door European job I recently detailed and I finished out with the Wolfgang Finishing POLISH.

It's not a GLAZE.

Review: 3D Wipe Panel Wipe for Ceramic Coatings - 2009 Porsche Carrera S 997.2

You can't go wrong with either one.

Post Thanks / Like

I would add and say that I found the Wolfgang glaze a bit easier to remove than the pinnacle advanced polish. Might be the choice of carrier oils and solvents.
    2016 Mazda 3 Sports GT
    2015 Lexus IS250 F Sport

Post Thanks / Like

I will add from my own experience that my WG dried out faster in the bottle than Pinnacle, probably due to being water based. In other words, after a few years the WG became less working time when used while Pinnacle seems to work like it’s still new. This could have been from me not capping it or something though.

Both are really good. I typically reach for Pinnacle first for no good reason other than I like the Pinnacle name.