autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Questions and help needed with water filter?

Hello sir, I don’t want to start another thread so here I am.

I’m looking to install some sort of water system (affordable) can I filter water for my auto detailing business. I really don’t know where to start.

I want something I can hook up to my water faucet outside and fill up my water tank with as clean water to avoid water spots?

My goal in life is to love God, family and myself. To love others and treat others right.

Mike Phillips

Re: What's in the water?

Quote Originally Posted by TrustJesus;1682168

Hello sir, I don’t want to start another thread so here I am. I’m looking to install some sort of water system (affordable) can I filter water for my auto detailing business. I really don’t know where to start. I want something I can hook up to my water faucet outside and fill up my water tank with as clean water to avoid water spots?

Actually, your question will be better as a dedicated thread.

While your question has to do with water and it is somewhat related to the topic of this thread, it's also very different.

I'm going to move it out of this article and I'll send you the link.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Questions and help needed with water filter?

Fair enough, thanks
    My goal in life is to love God, family and myself. To love others and treat others right.

Post Thanks / Like

If you’re detailing many cars the systems for sale here at AG don’t produce enough volume so you will find better options from a professional and local to you service. Some can deliver tanks of deionized water ready to use and some will bring one or two large tanks to filter your own water. Check prices from local providers and see how that goes.
    Bruno Soares

Mike Phillips

Just to chime in, here's something I wrote 8+ years ago as I type in the year 2020

How to use the CR Spotless Water Deionization Systems

Wash, rinse and go with CR Spotless Water Systems!

Behind the scenes, I get a lot of phone calls and e-mails asking me a wide variety of questions about car detailing. Without exception, the most common phone call or e-mail I get is from someone who has discovered water spots on and in their car's thin, delicate clear coat finish.

First they tell me their problem, (water spots on their car), and then ask me how to fix the problem?

Keep in mind, the majority of these people contacting me are people finding me because of my multiple articles on removing water spots on multiple forums now dating back to 2004.

Most of these people found me doing a Google search and most of these people don't own an electric polisher nor know how to use one. They're not really car enthusiasts like those of us that hang out on detailing discussion forum because this is or hobby or business, they're just regular folks trying to figure out a way to fix their water spot problems.

It's never any fun explaining to some distraught car owner that in order to remove the water spots off of and out of their car's paint they're going to need to,

• Purchase a polisher and compound or polish their car's paint.

• Hire someone to compound or polish their car's paint.

And of course, most of you reading this understand perfectly well what it means to try to find a detailer that actually knows what they're doing that can remove the water spots without at the same time hacking the paint up with zillions of swirls.

Even if the owner does it themselves or hires a real pro to do it for them, compounding and polishing the paint removes a measurable amount of the precious clear top coat layer that embodies all the factory UV inhibitors to protect the paint from clear coat failure over the service life of their car.

I can't even begin to count how many people have contacted me over the years with water spotting problems.

With the CR Spotless Water Deionization Systems you can avoid all the hassles and the risks of water spots by filtering your rinse water first and then rinsing off your,

• Cars
    • Trucks
    • SUVs
    • Boats
    • Watercraft
    • Motorcycles
    • RV's & Motorhomes
    • Airplanes
    • Homes and home windows
    • Patio furniture
    • Bicycles
    • And anything that you wash that's important to you!

Besides removing the risk of Type I, Type II and even Type III water spots from forming, with the CR Spotless Water Deionization Systems you don't have to limit yourself to only washing your car in the shade like early morning or late evening, now you can wash your car in direct sunlight with no water spotting problems.

Check it out on Autogeek.net

CR Spotless Water Deionization Systems

6. Likes Thomkirby liked this post
    Mike Phillips

By the way,

The BLACK Corvette we washed in FULL SUN and then let the water dry 100% on the car was the real-deal.

The video shows me washing a black Corvette in full sun and then rinsing with the CR Spotless System.

As you're watching - remember you're watching a time lapse video - the paint starts out covered in water drops and then via time lapse video you'll see the Corvette completely dry. No spots.

The time laps starts around the 3:30 time mark and ends at the 5:05 time mark.

I have never looked but has anyone else seen a video like this? That is washing a black Corvette in full sun showing how a water filter works?

And for what it's worth, there's a lot of detailed info in this video.

Mike Phillips

Here's a screenshot from the above video....

It shows the temperature of the black paint and you can see the water drops BUT as you continue to watch they simply evaporate and leave nothing on the paint.

I was impressed.

That said - I dry all my cars off with the Guzzler Waffle Weave Drying towels.

I share why I like them in this recent video.

Fast forward to the 40:38 time mark

Like I say in the video - I can dry any car with 3 of these towels and they can be had in a 3-pack.

Cobra 3 Pack The Supreme Guzzler Waffle Weave Towels, 20 x 40 inches

AND - I have an article on this topic,

Avoid water spots - The fast and simple way I dry my cars by Mike Phillips

Post Thanks / Like

Our current home has 2 black tanks in the garage, I don’t even know what there fore. I’m guessing there for inside.

So the De-Ionized tanks are separate I guess.