autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What Happened To My Ceramic Coating?

I’d recommend using mckee’s coating prep soap. I’ve done 3 decon washes with it with no ill effects. Coating came right back to life.

I foamed with Mck’s CPS and MTM 22

Washed with Mck’s CPS

Iron X

Wash again with Mck’s CPS.

Each time came out like new. Reset didnt’t make a dent in my problematic areas. I love it but use it for more regular washes.

If doesn’t come clean after that (it will) and if you feel you need to clay 22ple makes a fine clay for coatings. I’ve never tried as the decon with mckee’s does the job. To be honest i don’t need the iron X here in WA but use it anyways. Never any purple.

Afterwards top witg a good Sio2 sealant. I love Polish Angel Cosmic but if you dont wanna spend the dough (it’s worth it) try Griots ceramic 3-1. Nice stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes acuRAS82 liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Dreichler View Post

What Happened To My Ceramic Coating

I have a black 2012 Civic Si coupe.

The car also remains outside in South Florida (rain, heat, grass clippings, etc.)

Yeah... South Florida is harsh on your car. I point this out in a LOT of the content I create for various products.

Questions

1: Where are you at with this project?

2: Have you tried any of the remedies suggested so far?

3: How far are you from Stuart, Florida?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Yeah... South Florida is harsh on your car. I point this out in a LOT of the content I create for various products.

Questions

1: Where are you at with this project?

2: Have you tried any of the remedies suggested so far?

3: How far are you from Stuart, Florida?

Hello,

1. I have not started the decon process yet. I am going to pickup IronX soon- maybe in the next week or two.

2. So far, I am going to stop using Reload as it seems that the consensus is that it is not a good product. I am going to do a decon wash though- never knew of this so I’m hoping the results are good.

3. Not very far. I live in Parkland.

Thanks!

Mike Phillips

Hello,

1. I have not started the decon process yet. I am going to pickup IronX soon- maybe in the next week or two.

2. So far, I am going to stop using Reload as it seems that the consensus is that it is not a good product. I am going to do a decon wash though- never knew of this so I’m hoping the results are good.
    Skynet shows you to be about 75 miles away. Normally I would invite you to swing on into Autogeek and I would be happy to take a look and even give you a hand and trying a few things. But due to the Covid19 pandemic - at this time we're just not open to the public.

So try the decon process and please update us with the results.

Also - The pollen around South Florida can be really bad. The pollen or anything, for example tree sap mist, that gets on your car will create a contaminated and textured surface. Both of these things interfere with surface tension and thus water beading.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Skynet shows you to be about 75 miles away. Normally I would invite you to swing on into Autogeek and I would be happy to take a look and even give you a hand and trying a few things. But due to the Covid19 pandemic - at this time we're just not open to the public.

So try the decon process and please update us with the results.

Also - The pollen around South Florida can be really bad. The pollen or anything, for example tree sap mist, that gets on your car will create a contaminated and textured surface. Both of these things interfere with surface tension and thus water beading.

I am going to try that decon process and see how it goes. Either way, when this is all over (COVID), is still like to make the drive up to you and see what you have to say about any improvements I can make! If that’s okay.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello,

2. So far, I am going to stop using Reload as it seems that the consensus is that it is not a good product. Reload is far from being a bad product I am going to do a decon wash though- never knew of this so I’m hoping the results are good.

3. Not very far. I live in Parkland.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

I am in Boca for the summer and have coated more than a few cars if you want a second opinion on whats going on with it....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scv2005 View Post
    I am in Boca for the summer and have coated more than a few cars if you want a second opinion on whats going on with it....
    That would be nice. Do you happen to have any IronX or a simile product that we could test out on an area I believe is severely affected? I would meet up with a freshly washed car (not decon yet) and maybe you can share some advice or your opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

Idgi. That’s not what he said.^

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post

Idgi. That’s not what he said.^
    Ya I’m somewhat confused by that.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast