autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Super Member Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If All I Had Was A Tornador Double V

If All I Had Was a Double V

The Tornador Velocity Vac affectionately called Double V by me is quite a game changer in the detailing industry. This whole minivan was cleaned with the Tornador Double V, yellow detailing brush, some microfiber towels, Meguiar's all purpose cleaner diluted 7:1, and Meguiar's Glass Cleaner diluted 10:1 which smells of delicious grapes, and an air blow gun. I know that the van doesn't look perfect but it needed to be turned around very quickly to get back to the customer after repairs at the best repair shop Brotherhood Garage, were completed. I just wanted to make as many improvements as I could in the short amount of time that I had available. My main focus of this article is to illustrate the power of the Double V and give you some tips and tricks I've learned along the way. If All I Had Was A Tornador Double V

First off, I started out by doing a little testing with the Double V. I hooked it up to the compressed air and vacuum and switched it on. Vacuum used was the Vac Master.

One thing I found that was really useful was to hover it above areas that I wanted to extract dust from without blowing it all over the van, and just give a couple of short bursts by manipulation of the trigger. This worked really well and effectively dry extracted those areas. I'd advise turning down the air pressure via the regulator on the Tornador when going over the controls as you don't want to accidentally damage them.

Pro tips- take off the tank and put the lid on, then pinch the hose between your index and social finger of your support hand. Pictured below. Use both hands for best controll of the Double V. Use your pinky as a buffer and a guide to create space between the VV and surfaces you wish to avoid damaging.

I decided the VV wasn't the best thing to try to clean the dash off with as a first step so I took the air wand and opened up the passenger door and blew out as much dust as possible from the front drivers and passenger compartment.

After that I hooked up the regular vacuum hose and vacuumed the seats and carpets quickly. Then I hooked the VV back up and went to town cleaning the carpets, floor mats, and seats.

Since time was limited I used the air wand blowing out as much as I could out of the back and then touching up some areas on the seats with the Velocity Vac

I've had success using both methods of controlled dry extraction and going wild as Mike Phillips recommends here :

Mike Phillips - Must have interior detailing tools....

Just use the technique that best fits your situation, and works best for you.

Check out my little video clip below where I show an awesome technique of flipping the floor mat over and hovering the VV over the backside of the floormat while the vacuum is off and allowing the vibration of the air to vibrate the dust and dirt out of deep down in the carpet fibers!

I learned this little trick from a member of the AG D101 FB group. THANK YOU WHOEVER YOU ARE!!!!

I sprayed the dash door panels and other vinyl areas with Meguiar's APC and wiped...very quickly as time was limited. I Also agitated dust with the yellow brush and put the vacuum hose next to it as I was agitating to suck up any dust out of the controls or areas that I could get to with the yellow detailing brush.

I attached the tank to the VV and took off the vacuum hoses, hooked up the air hose, and I put the solution valve to fully on and quickly touched up areas of the vehicle such as the plastics on the seats and lower plastics on the Van. I hovered the VV over the plastic areas and hit it with an atomized spray of APC and then wiped clean. This was very efficient and fast.

I cleaned the glass with Meguiar's glass cleaner and I also pre cleaned it with a mixture of 50/50 rubbing alcohol.

I even touched up the vents with the VV.

Below is a video showing how to adjust the valve for vent cleaning or at least what I recommend. I wouldn't saturate the events completely I would just do as little as you have to to get them clean. Usually a quick blast with barely any cleaner coming out works great!

If you made it this far then thank you so much for reading my article. I hope you'll get some great use out of the Tornador VV when you decide to purchase one.

May I suggest purchasing from www.Autogeek.net ?

Thanks to all forum members! I'm so proud to be a member of the team!

If All I Had Was A Tornador Double V

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Re: If All I Had Was A Tornador Double V

I do apologize. This was meant to be a general post. I accidentally posted in the wrong section.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Red&BlackJacob View Post

I do apologize. This was meant to be a general post. I accidentally posted in the wrong section.

Nice article and explanation of how you use this tool

I wish they would modify the end of the vacumm to have a brush bristle attachment on it that like their other Tornador tools is replaceable.

Now that would be cool.

You want me to move this to Detailing 101 or?

4. Thanks Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN thanked for this post
    Likes Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Nice article and explanation of how you use this tool

I wish they would modify the end of the vacumm to have a brush bristle attachment on it that like their other Tornador tools is replaceable.

Now that would be cool.

You want me to move this to Detailing 101 or?

That would be totally awesome if they did that! Yes sir that would be much appreciated if you could move it! If All I Had Was A Tornador Double V Thank you, and I sincerely appreciate the compliment, it truly means a bunch!

Post Thanks / Like

Love my Velocity Vac! In fact I'm going to use it today on return customer with a 2002 M5. It's in for an exterior refresh but I'm going to wow him a bit by cleaning up the carpets inside. They are very nice but the VV really does a great job of stretching out the fibers of the carpet as it cleans getting the deep down stuff out. Makes them look like new.

Thanks for sharing your work!
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

7. Likes Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Red&BlackJacob View Post
    Check out my little video clip below where I show an awesome technique of flipping the floor mat over and hovering the VV over the backside of the floormat while the vacuum is off and allowing the vibration of the air to vibrate the dust and dirt out of deep down in the carpet fibers! [/URL]
    This is a neat trick! I'm gonna finally bite the bullet and order a velocity vac. It's been on my "to buy" list for awhile and it seems like it's time to pull the trigger. Thanks for sharing.

9. Thanks Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN thanked for this post
    Likes Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Abbondanzio View Post
    This is a neat trick! I'm gonna finally bite the bullet and order a velocity vac. It's been on my "to buy" list for awhile and it seems like it's time to pull the trigger. Thanks for sharing.
    It works REALLY well! You can also do it with just the tornador as well! Glad you enjoyed reading! If All I Had Was A Tornador Double V

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    Love my Velocity Vac! In fact I'm going to use it today on return customer with a 2002 M5. It's in for an exterior refresh but I'm going to wow him a bit by cleaning up the carpets inside. They are very nice but the VV really does a great job of stretching out the fibers of the carpet as it cleans getting the deep down stuff out. Makes them look like new.

Thanks for sharing your work!
    My pleasure! If All I Had Was A Tornador Double V