autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Super Member Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like its past the point of no return or just severely oxidized? Can it be fixed?

Looks like its past the point of no return or just severely oxidized? Can it be fixed?

My sister-in-law's hood appears to be suffering from severe oxidation or possible clear coat failure.

This looks like the point of no return for me but I would like a 2nd opinion please.

If it can be fixed, what would be the recommended fix for this?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Looks like its past the point of no return or just severely oxidized? Can it be fixed?

Looks pretty bad. Perhaps Optimum clear coat restorer would help. Looks like AG doesn’t sell it though. Unless I’m missing it.

You can try compounding and you may get lucky.......Perhaps it was resprayed with single stage paint.
    Jim

3. Thanks Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN thanked for this post
    Likes Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Looks like its past the point of no return or just severely oxidized? Can it be fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    Looks pretty bad. Perhaps Optimum clear coat restorer would help. Looks like AG doesn’t sell it though. Unless I’m missing it.

You can try compounding and you may get lucky.......Perhaps it was resprayed with single stage paint.
    Dude, you are awesome brother. Maybe it was resprayed with single stageLooks like its past the point of no return or just severely oxidized? Can it be fixed? I have some Meguiar's #7 and 3D One as well.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like severe oxidation. A test spot will tell you what you will need. Do you have a polisher? Are you a detailer?

6. Thanks Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN thanked for this post
    Likes Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN, fly07sti liked this post
    Mike Phillips

I've seen oxidized clearcoats worse than that come back.

It just depends upon the history of the car or more specifically - the history of the paint.

Has it been chopped on by a caveman detailer all it's life or just neglected? This will in part determine how much paint is there or NOT there.

You might get lucky but you'll never know what you can do until you try.

I'd hit it with BLACKFIRE One Step, a foam cutting pad and the BEAST.

8. Thanks Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    I've seen oxidized clearcoats worse than that come back.

It just depends upon the history of the car or more specifically - the history of the paint.

Has it been chopped on by a caveman detailer all it's life or just neglected? This will in part determine how much paint is there or NOT there.

You might get lucky but you'll never know what you can do until you try.

I'd hit it with BLACKFIRE One Step, a foam cutting pad and the BEAST.

Just neglected, and probably ran through the swirl o matic a few times. I can recall when she first bought the car. As I can recall I have been the only one to detail it and I haven't done any paint correction on it. Thank you so much for your input on this! I don't know what I'd do without the forum! I will probably have to use my rotary as I don't have the BEAST right now, but I'll post some pics up when I get done! I'm sure it will turn out awesome! Thanks again brother! Looks like its past the point of no return or just severely oxidized? Can it be fixed?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Looks like severe oxidation. A test spot will tell you what you will need. Do you have a polisher? Are you a detailer?
    Roger that! Yes I am a detailer / weekend warrior / hobbyist. I currently have a Mac Tools battery operated rotary, of course looking to add to the collection in the future. Thank you so much for your input!

Post Thanks / Like

i think it can be done.
    i have restored worse than that with one step

Looks like its past the point of no return or just severely oxidized? Can it be fixed?-img_9552-jpg

this is a toyota corolla 2000, neglected, repainted and heavy oxidized

used a rupes mark III 15mm, yellow rupes pad and sonax perfect finish

12. Thanks Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Reno View Post

i think it can be done.
    i have restore worse than that with one step

Looks like its past the point of no return or just severely oxidized? Can it be fixed?-img_9552-jpg

this is a toyota corolla 2000, neglected, repainted and heavy oxidized

Nice!!! Looks like its past the point of no return or just severely oxidized? Can it be fixed? Products added to the cart! I cant wait to click checkout when I get paid! I'm exited now!

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Red&BlackJacob View Post

Nice!!! Looks like its past the point of no return or just severely oxidized? Can it be fixed? Products added to the cart! I cant wait to click checkout when I get paid! I'm exited now!

If you get the quart of the BF One Step - it's like gettig a second 16 ounce bottle for 10 bucks.

The best way to buy it is the 32 ounce bottle. This is why you never see me recommend the 16 ounce bottle. Plus once you use it once, the 32 ounce bottle won't last long, it's really good stuff.

15. Thanks Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN thanked for this post
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast