autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: crazy

Mike Phillips

Re: crazy

Quote Originally Posted by weekend warrior View Post

No we live in a Condo....we have a one car garage and my wife's car is in there...but the driveway where my car is ...is next to the sprinklers...

I used to keep a car cover on our Mercedes-Benz. We live in a Condo an the SUN is absolute TORTURE to a car that sits outside in full sun 24 hours a day- 7 days a week.

What I did was asked Andre, (Customer Care Staff), here at Autogeek, who has a LOT of experience matching the CORRECT type of car cover for the intended use to pick out the correct car cover brand and type for my use and then trusted him and bought it. Then learned how to put it on correctly and take it off correctly to limit scuffing. There are a LOT of different types of car covers and it's important to get the right cover for your applications. There's a huge difference between a car cover for a garage kept car and a car parked outside in areas of lots of sun and lots of rain.

AND just as important - YOU MUST have a clean place to store the cover when it's off the car. You can't ball-it-up and toss it onto the garage floor. You either need to keep your TRUNK CLEAN and store it there or purchase a large plastic tub with a lid and KEEP IT CLEAN and then store it in here when not in use.

It saved the stupid black anodized metal trim from oxidizing and getting the rainbow stain appearance. It also saved the paint and the interior.

Scratching

When the wind blows, and it blows a lot here in Stuart, Florida - even when correctly installed - the cover is going to shift and rub on the car paint. I found the handful of places where it takes place the most and periodically after washing the car I would simply machine polish and re-coat. I kept Pinnacle Black Label Paint Coating and PBL Surface Coating on this car the entire time we owned it.

Loved the car - hated the normal over-engineering, which included the stupid ABC Leveling System. Hey Mercedes-Benz - they are called springs and shock absorbers!

Best of luck to you and here's Andre's number

1-800-869-3011 x1244

2. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: crazy

Thank you again...I live in North Florida...close to the ocean....its windy all the time...I do have a cover now...but when its windy its a pain to put on the car..my son lives in Coral Springs...hope I stop in and see your store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12