autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Water spots

Post Thanks / Like

Water spots

I have hard water so when I wash the car it takes much longer to get the spots off..has anyone have a filter hook up to their hose to pressure washer that can work i did order the 3d water spots but didn't get to use it yet..thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Water spots

I have CR Spotless that I use just to rinse the car. Works well but if you’re in an area with very hard water you’ll go through resin very quick.
    Bruno Soares

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by BSoares View Post

I have CR Spotless that I use just to rinse the car.
    This is correct.

The CR Spotless Water Filter System works great BUT it's ONLY for the rinse step.

This product also comes with a spray head that has a SHOWER setting and this is key to using the filter. The Shower setting is a low volume setting and this causes the water to MOVE through the filters s-l-o-w-l-y and this enables the resin pellets to filter out the minerals and other contaminants.

If you were to PUSH water through the filter system too fast, then it defeats the purpose of using the filter because the resin pellets won't have enough time to do their job.

4. Likes Perfectionista liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The water in my area is a little on the hard side too. I am now in the habit of wiping down the surfaces with a QD spray or waterless wash after drying to remove any water spots.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post

The water in my area is a little on the hard side too. I am now in the habit of wiping down the surfaces with a QD spray or waterless wash after drying to remove any water spots.

And this is the best solution that is also practical and cost-effective.

Most important - make sure you have drying towels or chamois, (whatever you prefer), and make sure they are NOT contaminated so you don't put scratches back into the paint each time you wipe the paint down.

I talked about the Guzzler chamois for this very reason here,

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    This is correct.

The CR Spotless Water Filter System works great BUT it's ONLY for the rinse step.

This product also comes with a spray head that has a SHOWER setting and this is key to using the filter. The Shower setting is a low volume setting and this causes the water to MOVE through the filters s-l-o-w-l-y and this enables the resin pellets to filter out the minerals and other contaminants.

If you were to PUSH water through the filter system too fast, then it defeats the purpose of using the filter because the resin pellets won't have enough time to do their job.

Yeah, the system says to never allow more than 2.5GPM to flow through it. I use a power washer that definitely moves less water than that so it's been fine. The monitor on the unit indicates 0 TDS on the output
    Bruno Soares