autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

LIVE BROADCAST - Tuesday, April 21st at 3:00pm Eastern Time - Tips & Techniques

Here's the video,

In this video I share the technique I use and I teach other's to use to dramatically reduce their buffing time.

I will be going LIVE over on the Autogeek Facebook page on Tuesday, April 21st at 3:00pm Eastern Time.

I will be talking detailing techniques and tips to help you improve your detailing skills and Yancy Martinez will be taking questions from you to be asked live.

This is going to be packed with great insights to help you out.

Be sure to tune in!

Got something that you want answered? Post your question below in the comments.

Click this link to watch or ask questions

2. Likes Aaryn NZ, axel06 liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Re: LIVE BROADCAST - Tuesday, April 21st at 3:00pm Eastern Time - Tips & Techniques

Continued....

The topic for this Live Broadcast

My secret technique for reducing paint correction time by hours!

1: I practice this technique myself and it saves me HOURS when it comes to any compounding, polishing or using an AIO

2: I teach this technique in all my car and boat detailing classes.

3: If you tune-in, watch and listen - and then IMPLEMENT this technique - it will change how you buff out a car forever.

4: Also important if you have employees to make sure they are working at maximum efficiency.

4. Likes Aaryn NZ, PaulMys, axel06 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: LIVE BROADCAST - Tuesday, April 21st at 3:00pm Eastern Time - Tips & Techniques

Interesting indeed!

This weeks edition was fantastic, loads of important information & what I would imagine a lot of people would overlook as a vital part of achieving the best results. I look forward to tuning in to this one.

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

Post Thanks / Like

Nice! You gonna be working on that '70 Chevelle behind you, Mike?
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Is this going to be post on you tube as the last one was? I hope so!!!
    Jim

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Nice! You gonna be working on that '70 Chevelle behind you, Mike?
    That Chevelle was the Villain, built by Kyle Tucker, and was showcased on the first episode of the second season of out TV show - Competition Ready.

9. Thanks PaulMys, Thomkirby thanked for this post
    Likes Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sweet looking Panel too.

What are those pads sitting on your bench there Mike??? Interesting machine the UDOS, it appears that there is different sized bale handles, is that the case?

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Aaryn NZ View Post

Sweet looking Panel too.
    She's in good shape. All steel, no fiberglass. These are really rare. This one has a small block Chevy 350 engine and Turbo 350 automatic transmission. She runs and drives nice. Independent front suspension and front disc brakes. Nice interior too - just needs a really good detailing.

I'll post pictures today showing all the machine sanding marks in the paint. Looks kind of like the person that did the buffing to remove the sanding marks had a blindfold on? They are everywhere.

I'm going to use the UDOS to re-sand the entire truck and then use the UDOS in rotary mode to remove my sanding marks and then using the UDOS in long stroke free spin mode to do the final polish.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaryn NZ View Post

What are those pads sitting on your bench there Mike???
    Those are pads Lake Country made specifically for the UDOS tool.

A lot of people don't know this, in fact I would say most people don't know this, but Lake Country had a researcher attend all of my car and boat detailing classes for a year and half doing research for this tool.

I also volunteered my input which was - when this too launches it must be able to maintain pad rotation in the free spin modes. I happy to say it does in the 12mm, 15mm and 21mm. So besides all the design work that has gone into the tool, there has also been design work that has gone into the pads for this tool.

They are also color coded in military green colors as a salute to our men and women that serve in the military. Kind of cool.

I brought this HUGE streetrod in so I can get TONS of hands-on time behind this tool so when I write my review it will be accurate and real-world.

9 other guys have received this this tool. I'll be interested to see what they use to test this tool.

12. Likes Thomkirby liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    She's in good shape. All steel, no fiberglass. These are really rare. This one has a small block Chevy 350 engine and Turbo 350 automatic transmission. She runs and drives nice. Independent front suspension and front disc brakes. Nice interior too - just needs a really good detailing.

I'll post pictures today showing all the machine sanding marks in the paint. Looks kind of like the person that did the buffing to remove the sanding marks had a blindfold on? They are everywhere.

I'm going to use the UDOS to re-sand the entire truck and then use the UDOS in rotary mode to remove my sanding marks and then using the UDOS in long stroke free spin mode to do the final polish.

Excellent, yes I found that thread - UDOS Testing Truck - 1946 Dodge Panel Truck - Machine Damp Sanding

And damn, I know it shouldn’t surprise me anymore but I just cannot wrap my head around the idea that someone can work on such a cool machine & not have the desire to do the job properly.

Sounds like a great Street rod indeed. Are the decals/graphics along the side paint too Mike?

Those are pads Lake Country made specifically for the UDOS tool.

A lot of people don't know this, in fact I would say most people don't know this, but Lake Country had a researcher attend all of my car and boat detailing classes for a year and half doing research for this tool.

I also volunteered my input which was - when this too launches it must be able to maintain pad rotation in the free spin modes. I happy to say it does in the 12mm, 15mm and 21mm. So besides all the design work that has gone into the tool, there has also been design work that has gone into the pads for this tool.

Yes, I think I recall us discussing this on the phone, & I believe having your input will absolutely make this tool better by a long way.

They are also color coded in military green colors as a salute to our men and women that serve in the military. Kind of cool.
    That is a cool touch. I had wondered why those colours were chosen, not exactly appealing to the consumer but now I know the back story - it’s the opposite, they’re more appealing. That’s what I love about the USA, you guys know how to be patriotic, & to go off on a small rant here - when you took Jonty & I along to the Tuesday Night Car Show & there was a guy - Jim, who sung your National Anthem, & everyone stopped & faced the Flag, & either sung along or respectfully stood in silence ... I loved that, it sent chills down my spine & it also made me a little sad that we haven’t got that patriotic passion in NZ.

Nice touch Lake Country MFG.

I brought this HUGE streetrod in so I can get TONS of hands-on time behind this tool so when I write my review it will be accurate and real-world.

9 other guys have received this this tool. I'll be interested to see what they use to test this tool.

.... Yeah, this right here! ^^^^^

I really don’t believe there will be anyone else testing this tool in a proper “real world” situation, like an actual full size (or massive in the instance) vehicle to this level. I doubt there will be any Street Rods used, mostly test panels would be my guess & what’s the bet we won’t see a full on documented review including in depth pictures either???

Aaryn NZ.

Post Thanks / Like

Tuning in and for those without Facebook like me you can just scroll down on the page and you can watch live. See you Tuesday LIVE BROADCAST - Tuesday, April 21st at 3:00pm Eastern Time - Tips & Techniques

Sent from my SM-N960U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast