autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ceramic Coat Damage (?)

The picture probably makes it look larger than it really is, they really are very small, barely noticeable even after a wash. As long as they don't get any worse I think I will need to suck it up like Mike said, it's my daily driver and not a show car.

also I should note that those are two separate, similar looking defects, both on the hood (pictures 1 and 3 are the same spot, the second picture is a different spot) - there is even another smaller one on a side panel but that one is almost microscopic, you can only tell it's there by the warping of the paint/coating around it.

Post Thanks / Like

Ceramic Coat Damage (?)

Ppf: Needs to be replaced.

Waterspots: If vinegar doesn’t work try Kamikaze water spot remover. It’s made from ceramic coating

Pit marks: No idea but to answer your question I highly doubt it’s anything your doing. No soap or sealant should do that.

What products are you using?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Thanks vv1 thanked for this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

^ thanks for those. Using Fireball Ultimate Active Snow Foam and Fireball Ultimate Hydrophobic Car Shampoo

Mike Phillips

Just to add

Here's my researched article on the topic of vinegar and water spots - it's the old wives tale that just never goes away. So many experts out there always recommend this product.

Using Vinegar to remove water spots

Water Spots

6. Thanks vv1 thanked for this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I can’t see the factory doing low quality paint like that but anything is possible. I don’t recall seeing what brand/model this is.

ha ha ha.

And lots of cars are damaged during delivery and are repaired and sold new and the buyer is not told. I recall someone suing BMW over this...and they lost.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BSoares View Post
    That was my thought too but it’s a brand new car so hopefully if it’s been repaired the dealer would tell the OP. I can’t see the factory doing low quality paint like that but anything is possible. I don’t recall seeing what brand/model this is.
    Quote Originally Posted by vv1 View Post
    The picture probably makes it look larger than it really is, they really are very small, barely noticeable even after a wash. As long as they don't get any worse I think I will need to suck it up like Mike said, it's my daily driver and not a show car.

also I should note that those are two separate, similar looking defects, both on the hood (pictures 1 and 3 are the same spot, the second picture is a different spot) - there is even another smaller one on a side panel but that one is almost microscopic, you can only tell it's there by the warping of the paint/coating around it.
    it's a new car!! My first question is...is this covered under warranty? Can't hurt to ask. Ask the salesman, he has a vested interest in keeping you happy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vv1 View Post
    the surrounding defects are mostly dust/pollen and greasy fingermarks that I made in order to get the camera to focus - the first few pictures were taken about 2 days after a wash (with the car sitting outside for both of those days).

car is a Model 3, don't believe it's been repaired/repainted.
    Ah, it's a Tesla. That explains the bad paint job. You can complain and they will pay a body shop to repaint the affected panels. My friend with a Model 3 had the hood, front and rear bumpers repainted after taking delivery of his car. Too many defects from factory.
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    I work for a dealer, and more cars/trucks than you would like to know come off the transport rigs with damage.

Ours go to very good body/paint shop, but to be honest, this is never disclosed to the buyer. Pretty F'd up IMO.

That's a shame, I wish they were forced to disclose this type of stuff because I'd bet most don't repair it as well as you'd want a brand new car to be treated.
    Bruno Soares

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12