autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: XMT Polish

Post Thanks / Like

XMT Polish

Loved my XMT#2. I’m guessing discontinued since I can’t find it under “Shop by Brand”. What polish would you suggest that might be close to identical.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: XMT Polish

Never used the XMT line.

Check out Griot's Correcting creams.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Paul

4. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie View Post
    Thanks Paul
    Just my opinion, but they are among the best abrasive technologies out there.

And there are many pro's here on AGO posting excellent results using GG Creams on some pretty impressive rides.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Loved my XMT#2.
    ...discontinued

What polish would you suggest that
    might be close to identical.
    •IMO: either one of the following:
    -Pinnacle Advanced Finishing Polish
    -Meguiar’s M205
    -Sonax Perfect Finish 4/6

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Mike Phillips

Loved my XMT#2. I’m guessing discontinued since I can’t find it under “Shop by Brand”.
    It was phased-out when Bob McKee combined the best of the XMT line and the DP line to create his own name brand line.

I was never a fan of the #1, #2, #3 and#4 compounds and polishes. I think I used them once for a Thursday night class and that was because the car was going to be repainted anyways.

What polish would you suggest that might be close to identical.
    You actually wouldn't want to use anything that was identical. ANY of the BOSS creams would be better as they use great abrasive technology.

The interesting thing about the BOSS creams is the all use the same identical abrasive "type". That's unusual form compounds and polishes historically. Historically compound and medium, fine and ultra fine cut polishes used different types of abrasives.

The difference in the BOSS creams is simply the volume or quantity of the abrasives used in each formula. The Fast Correction Cream has the highest concentration of abrasives and the Finishing Sealant, (technically a cleaner/wax or cleaner/sealant), uses the least amount of the same abrasive.

So theoretically, you could get the Fast Correction Cream and change either the pad you use to alter the cut AND/OR shorten or lengthen the buffing cycle to change the cut.

I teach the BOSS system in all my detailing classes because I teach the BOSS tools. If a company that offers a tool also offers matching pads and products that's a "true" system and I'm a "Systems Guy". See my article here,

Synergistic Chemical Compatibility by Mike Phillips

If it were possible to go through every class I've taught an extract all the pictures of all the cars my classes have buffed out using the BOSS system, two things,

1: You would see some AMAZING cars buffed out by complete strangers and often time complete newbies to machine polishing.

2: There's NEVER been a mistake - every car has come out perfect. But this is true for all the tools and brands of pads and products I show in my classes.

BOSS Creams = Good Stuff

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX650 View Post

•IMO: either one of the following:
    -Pinnacle Advanced Finishing Polish
    -Meguiar’s M205
    -Sonax Perfect Finish 4/6

Bob

All good replacements.

The Pinnacle Advanced Finishing Polish probably wouldn't have has much cut but the Pinnacle Advanced Swirl Remover would not only have as much cut you could trust it on ANY paint system with zero chance of micro-marring, unlike the XMT #2

Post Thanks / Like

Loved my XMT#2. I’m guessing discontinued since I can’t find it under “Shop by Brand”. What polish would you suggest that might be close to identical.
    First of all, I've never heard anyone say they love the XMT polishes. The fact that you were able to get good results with it is pretty darn impressive. Like others have suggested I'd definitely give Fast Correcting cream a shot. It's an incredible compound when used with microfiber and performs like a medium-cut polish when used with a yellow foam polishing pad. Even though it's a compound it'll finish WAY better than XMT#2 when used with foam.

HD Polish+ is my personal choice for finishing polishes. Between Fast Correcting Cream and HD Polish+ I hardly ever reach for any other polishes/compounds and I have all of the Jescar, Rupes, Meguiar's, Scholl Concepts, and Sonax abrasives.

10. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I amxa noob and olny have experience with CAr Pross clear cut, essence, Griots Correcting cream and FCC, Chemical Guys V series, and Adams correcting polish.

I like these griots polishes for correcting and essence for polishing combo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    All good replacements.

The Pinnacle Advanced Finishing Polish probably wouldn't have has much cut but the Pinnacle Advanced Swirl Remover would not only have as much cut you could trust it on ANY paint system with zero chance of micro-marring, unlike the XMT #2

Mike, where do you rank Pinnacle/Wolfgang abrasive technology compared to BOSS, Sonax, HD compounds/swirl removers/finishing polished. I have a ton of these two brands and they have done great for me so I keep using. I have HD Polish, UP, 4*, Mckees but I don’t reach for them often.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast