autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Real World Ceramic Coating Test by Mike Phillips

Subscribed.

Proper testing huh. I’m looking forward to seeing how this plays out. Being an Authorized CQuartz Installer obviously I have an interest in how the CQuartz coating holds up against the others but indeed as a detailer - the entire test is intriguing. Way to go Mike!!!

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post

I have a review for the GYEON soap and the mitts. I can't find it.

I'll send the mitts to anyone that kind find my review.

After much searching, I could not find a review for the GYEON Bathe car wash soap. I know I have one for the mitts though.

I think I confused this review for the GYEON product.

Review: Gtechniq G-Wash

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Aaryn NZ View Post

Subscribed.

Proper testing huh. I’m looking forward to seeing how this plays out. Being an Authorized Quart Installer obviously I have an interest in how the CQuartz coating holds up against the others but indeed as a detailer - the entire test is intriguing.

I wanted to use an established actual coating as a comparison that no one would question the reputation of and I could have used a half dozen brands. I just had an unopened bottle of the CQuartz.

The test is to see which of the Wolfgang products lasts longer as that was the question I was asked. My suspicions are any "actual" or conventional coating as in, tiny glass bottle applied using a foam block with a microfiber suede patch of cloth, will last longer than the spray or the sealant products.

The features and/or claim of the spray and sealant products isn't that they will last longer than a conventional coating but that they are faster and easier to use than a conventional product and this I can attest to.

If a person wants to invest in the time, patience, energy and work to apply a conventional coating that last a long time the BLACKFIRE Pro Ceramic Paint Coating is a coating that can only be removed via compounding or polishing.

I'm working from home today and the Golden Eagle is parked outside exposed to the world and it's going to be hot today. I'll measure the surface temperature sometime this afternoon.

4. Likes Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This is gonna be good! Thanks for taking on this test for everybody Mike. Without a doubt to be one of the best tests to show real world durability and serve as a testament to Deep Gloss Paint Sealant. Never used myself but I know it’s been favorite amongst many on AGO and the larger detailing community.

Excited to see the hood temps, even on a champagne colored car, Florida sun is gonna make a frying pan out of the hood.. heck it’s already got the “non-stick” coating applied!
    Alumni Autogeek's first ever Roadshow Detailing Class Oconomowoc, Wisconsin

6. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Subscribed! I like this test because not only can you compare water beading, but you can also see performance against water spots, bird bombs, bugs, and heat. You can also watch how quick and easy the hood is clean.

All of the cars I take care of are daily drivers and the truth is what their owners notice after a maintenance wash is if the car is shiny, if all the droppings, bugs, and spots are gone, and if the glass is clean. The savvy people with darker-colored cars also keep their eye on swirls. So while water beading can be fun for me, I gravitate towards LSPs that give that extra protection and make maintenance easy.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool test. That sanding is hardcore! I’m really worried about your control section and the taped off areas! I wouldn’t be able to sleep at night! Real World Ceramic Coating Test by Mike Phillips

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Post Thanks / Like

I liked the sanding prior to compound and polish.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by DMiglio View Post

This is gonna be good! Thanks for taking on this test for everybody Mike. Without a doubt to be one of the best tests to show real world durability and serve as a testament to Deep Gloss Paint Sealant. Never used myself but I know it’s been favorite amongst many on AGO and the larger detailing community.
    It's been a while since I used the Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 - but yesterday when wiping it off, (after it fully dried), I remembered at least one reason people like it so much and that's because besides wiping off super easy it also leaves the paint incredibly slick and slippery.

Quote Originally Posted by DMiglio View Post

Excited to see the hood temps, even on a champagne colored car, Florida sun is gonna make a frying pan out of the hood.. heck it’s already got the “non-stick” coating applied!

I know it gets redundant when I say or type this but,

I have an article on this topic,

Black Car Paint Temperature in Full Sun
    (And a few other colors too)

The Sun

11. Thanks DMiglio thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

13. Thanks Thomkirby thanked for this post
    Mike Phillips

Yesterday would be Day 1 of the longevity testing. I took these pictures at around 1:00pm to show the heat temperatures the paint is exposed to for the outside temperature shown from the screenshot of my weather app on my phone.

Of course surface temperature will vary day to day this does show what the hood/paint temperature is for at least some idea of what full exposure to the sun is like for a light gold metallic paint finish. It also rained last night.

Passenger side of hood exposed to full sun all day.

This isn't the best Infrared Thermal Measuring tool on the market but it's all I have on-hand. Regardless of how accurate it is or isn't , it does give of some level of insight to surface temps.

122 degrees Fahrenheit

I don't see a need to update this thread for at least 2-4 weeks, basically the first time I wash the car. We're under a 14 day quarantine for safety and exposure reasons in our area, so won't be going outside much anyways.

Stay tuned....

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast