autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Which first- Chemical Guys HydroCharge or HydroSlick?

Hi,
    This year in am giving Chemical Guys a try. I know people have mixed feelings about their product but I am giving them a shot. I recently purchased an Audi A6 and for my first detail I am going to clay it and use CG HydroCharge and HydroSlick. I have read that it would be better to use Charge first and then Slick. Do you agree? I am looking to get as close to a “wet look” as possible. I have some Klasse glaze I could use to top it off if it would help.

Opinion?

AR

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Which first- Chemical Guys HydroCharge or HydroSlick?

I believe the slick goes on first. As the Charge is a spray on

Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately I had to search away from this site to find any info about HydroCharge and now my brain hurts due to reading real Chemical Guys content/propaganda.

Anyways, I didn’t dig far enough to see suggestions like you found about which to apply first, but, of the products I use I would generally apply longer longevity first...

But these are both listed as up to 12 months. So next up I would generally apply the more substantial formula first, in this case the sealant HydroSlick. Then I would let it cure for a day or week and then use the spray on HydroCharge. From the sounds of it you can’t go too wrong either way though, but I’m guessing HydroCharge might be a better topping for glassy looks and have slicker properties all of which are what you would want to be touching, not topping. NOTE: These are all guesses I’m making.

I don’t see Klasse fitting in here, but I guess you could try it as the last topping if you don’t like the CG behaviors. Klasse will probably sheet and self clean less but may definitely change the look if you decide you want something different... and CG won’t bond on Klasse I don’t think so putting it on earlier probably won’t lead to good results.

Post Thanks / Like

Both are same thing different application. Either or should be fine.

CG mentions in some forums and on their FAQ about topping HC ontop of HS and says yes works well. No mention that I saw of other way around.

Basically it’s just what application method you want when re applying. Wham bam thank you ma’am... HC on top as it is faster application

Want to make love to your paint HS on top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk