autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Torque

Post Thanks / Like

Torque

​has anyone heard of or used Torque car sealant..its advertise on line

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Torque

Looks like the Corvette forum loves it. Probably best applied at car shows with a dirty microfiber in the hatch. Also, visit the torque forum for more info.
    CHRIS Aka Waxmaster

Post Thanks / Like

How can something hydrophobic prevent water spots? That statement in itself would prevent me from buying the product.

Post Thanks / Like

Torque

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    How can something hydrophobic prevent water spots? That statement in itself would prevent me from buying the product.
    The sealant I use is hydrophobic as heck and prevents water spots.

It sounds like you’ve gotten used to coatings? It’s unfortunate that they seem to be so susceptible to water spots even from natural rainfall?Torque

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    The sealant I use is hydrophobic as heck and prevents water spots.

It sounds like you’ve gotten used to coatings? It’s unfortunate that they seem to be so susceptible to water spots even from natural rainfall?Torque
    Aren't most waxes and sealants hydrophobic? If you don't want water spotting on your horizontal surfaces you need the water not to stand (hydrophilic) and dry which will cause water spotting especially from a sprinkler.

When a wax/sealant is freshly applied the standing water will not penetrate the wax/sealant therefore protecting the paint from spotting. Once the wax/sealant has worn, that's when spotting becomes a problem.

Post Thanks / Like

Aren't most waxes and sealants hydrophobic? If you don't want water spotting on your horizontal surfaces you need the water not to stand (hydrophilic) and dry which will cause water spotting especially from a sprinkler.

When a wax/sealant is freshly applied the standing water will not penetrate the wax/sealant therefore protecting the paint from spotting. Once the wax/sealant has worn, that's when spotting becomes a problem.
    I agree with what your statement.
    And yes, once the sealant has worn off that’s when water spotting can become a problem.. However once the sealant has worn off water will no longer be beading.

Super Member JWilliams.RadiantDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Brian from Apex Detailing on Youtube didn't like it, he's my go to for detailing product reviews and tests. As far as all the ones that have popped up recently on YT commercials and FB, I The Last Coat V2 is pretty well regarded. The rest are either way overpriced. Or crap, or a combo of both.

I find it absolutely crazy how sealant commercials are everywhere online now. Before I could go years without seeing anything detail related. Now out of the blue I get a dozen ad's a day.

Post Thanks / Like

This has puzzled me recently, that why would anyone want standing water beads on there vehicle? I want the water to sheet off whether it be rain or from a sprinkler or washing. I park outside and the beads end up being little dirt spots when the beads dry, no spotting that a washing wont take care of with a decent lsp. Just would rather it sheet off and not have to wash it.

Post Thanks / Like

Do they sell this at AG?

If not, why are we talking about it??
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

10. Likes WaxMaster1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Torque

It’s how I found Hydrosilex. I don’t have facebook but saw Alot of advertisements. Apex’s review sealed the deal. It’s a great product. Got 5 strong months from it before i coated car.

Unfortunately more video’s forums and articles and i’m swamped with sealant/toppers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast