autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: need help

Post Thanks / Like

Re: need help

As others have stated there are more than a few factors to consider here:
    1. What is your experience?
    2. What is the condition of your car?
    3. How much time are you willing to invest into this work?
    4. Do you have the product and tools necessary to do the prep and install correct? If no, are you willing to get them?

With all that being said, I prefer ceramic coatings. When the prep and install are done right they offer great protection, especially against salt and UV, and tend to last longer than sealants. For a starting point my two favorite consumer friendly ceramic coatings are CarPro CQuartz and Gtechniq CSL (with EXOv4 as a topper if you want to go the whole 9 yards and have the time). Personally I prefer Gtechniq, especially when CSL has the EXO topper. I find it easy to work with, even if you are a complete novice, and I love the results. Please note I would recommend having a garage to keep the car clean while it cures and you're going to want a buffer during prep to go over the car. Hope this helps!

Mike Phillips

Re: need help

Quote Originally Posted by weekend warrior View Post

have a 2019 camry that sits out in the Florida sun....also by salt water ocean...

which sealant or ceramic coating for my car
    A true ceramic coating will outlast a car wax or synthetic sealant. Last longer means staying on the paint longer thus it will protect longer. Most claim to protect better too.

The sun is punishing to car paint, especially the hood, roof and trunk lid. Definitely use a ceramic coating. As long as you pick a respected and established brand you can't go wrong.

The do the basics,

1. Wash and dry
    2. Clay
    3. Machine polish
    4. Chemically strip
    5. Install coating

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.