autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Mike Phillips

Boat Gel-Coat Correction and Ceramic Coating Install - 5-Step Process with Wetsanding

Boat Gel-Coat Correction and Ceramic Coating Install - 5-Step Process with Wetsanding

In order to "really" teach a class on how to do gel-coat correction followed by installing a Gel-coat Ceramic Coating in a class where people are paying money for the class, I needed the real-deal, that is I needed a real boat in severe neglected condition. This is the type of boat I bring in each year for our boat detailing classes, that is severe oxidation or DEEP OXIDATION.

Now there's no way I can put a boat inside a conference room at a Convention Center in Orlando where Mobile Tech Expo is held each year. So the next best thing is to bring in a part of a boat. With a little help from my friend Leonard Hevia, owner of Complete Mobile Repair LLC in Merritt, Island, Florida that I met via Nick Morelle, (who was one of my guest detailers on our TV show, Competition Ready, thanks Nick), I as able to get exactly what I needed to put on a top notch class SHOWING exactly how to take a severely neglected boat and restore a showroom new finish.

Here's the salvage boat Leonard located that could be cut-up for destruction.

Here's the section in the back of my rental truck. I drove to Christmas, Florida to retrieve this section of boat hull for the upcoming class.

And here's the hull section resting on the workbench in Autogeek's Show Car Garage.

I teach the process for how to do gel-coat correction and ceramic coating installation in our annual boat detailing class coming up on Saturday, February 8th and Sunday, February 9th.

I am the only guy that has photo documented all of my boat detailing classes since 2013, you can see all of the full size boats, in HORRIBLE condition and the after results from our classes here,

Boat Detailing Training - Before & After Pictures - The MOST DOCUMENTED HANDS-ON Boat Detailing Classes - Autogeek - Stuart, Florida

The best way to lean how to do gel-coat correction and ceramic coating installation is to take my 2-day class. The next best thing is to take the class I'm teaching at Mobile Tech Expo at 8:00am on Thursday morning, January 29th at Mobile Tech Expo.

Here's the link to the full schedule of classes on Thursday, January 29th

2020 MTE Class Schedule

My boat class will take place in Gatlin A-3 Room. I will start it at 8:00am SHARP. Please do not be late. There is no time to repeat information or steps.

This is not only the first boat gel-coat correction and ceramic coating class ever taught at MTE it's also the first LIVE DEMO that will include 5-step process

1. Machine sanding to remove deep oxidation.
    2. How to use a rotary buffer to remove sanding marks.
    3. How to use an orbital polisher to remove holograms.
    4. How to chemically strip the gel-coat without dulling it.
    5. How to correctly install a gel-coat specific ceramic coating.

It costs $110.00 to attend Thursday, Education Day at Mobile Tech Expo. My full 2-day boat detailing class is $950.00 plus you need to travel to Stuart, Florida.

Both classes are a great value. My 2-day class is 100% ON YOUR FEET and HANDS-ON. There will be no chairs and now sitting. If you want to sit I recommend taking an academic class, not a hands-on class.

Mobile Tech Expo only comes around once a year. My boat class only comes around once a year. Clear your schedule and get signed up before it's too late.

Mike Phillips

Re: Boat Gel-Coat Correction and Ceramic Coating Install - 5-Step Process with Wetsanding

More....

Here's info to get your pass for Thursday, Education Day at MTE

Registration Fee for 2020 Mobile Tech Expo

Here's the link to get signed-up for the upcoming boat detailing class

2020 Boat Detailing Class - Dates and Info

And here's the two boats you'll be training on at the February 2-day class

21' Sea Hunt Center Console

and

23' Pro Line Walk Around

Here's the link to sign-up online before it sells out.

Click here to sign-up for the Marine 31 Boat Detailing Class - February 8th & 9th, 2020

Or call Andre and sign-up over the phone.

1-800-869-3011 x244