autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Pricing

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Pricing

Since I can call in to your shop and tell you I have a Fordabuicklac and ask for a price to do 1 - 2 - 3 and you will give it to me (which I can then post here), just how much do you charge for each?
    Those who are looking at this post, just how much do you charge for your work in your specific area? Just a simple breakdown for each package (not an in depth breakdown for each).

This gives an idea of just what to charge (in your specific area) to see if an individual is charging too much or not enough or right in line.

I know of a "detail shop" that only charges $150 (in my area) for a complete in and out detail and modest correction. It looks really pretty good when done. Is that too much to pay?

This is a simple cost vs type of detail post - nothing very in depth and is for the people already making a living at it. They already know the fundamentals of work vs. cost.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pricing

That looks like about the same pricing for my area. Ceramic coatings are $300 with all prep work included.

Post Thanks / Like

Pricing

Here are my (current) starting prices for the Seacoast Region of New Hampshire:

Paint Correction: $899
    AIO: $299
    Wash & Wax: $99
    Interior Cleaning $179
    Ceramic Coating (3 year) with prep work alone and no correction: $399

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Tran View Post
    Here are my (current) starting prices for the Seacoast Region of New Hampshire:

Paint Correction: $899
    AIO: $299
    Wash & Wax: $99
    Interior Cleaning $179
    Ceramic Coating (3 year) with prep work alone and no correction: $399
    So if someone wanted a AIO and coating, everything would be $698?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    So if someone wanted a AIO and coating, everything would be $698?

To clarify, a coating will require a minimum of a one step polish with a traditional polish or a primer polish such as CARPRO Essence. The MINIMUM prep work is included in the price + the cost of material.

With that said, a starting price of $399 for a (3 year) coating is obviously just a starting point. But it adds up quick do to the cost of labor and material.

Should a person require a second step to fulfill a paint correction process, I do it as an add-on starting cost of $599. This is my price of a one step polishing vs an all-in-one AKA Gloss, Polish, & Seal or HD Speed.

I don’t charge for a full paint correction price on top of coatings since we are going through similar prep work. Hence why $599 starting price is more fitting.

So if you want a paint correction and a (3 year) coating it would have a starting price of $999. That’s just for a: Small hatchback, small sports alone. I have four categories all together.

If you don’t mind, I am curious to know what your thoughts on my pricing is?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Tran View Post
    To clarify, a coating will require a minimum of a one step polish with a traditional polish or a primer polish such as CARPRO Essence. The MINIMUM prep work is included in the price + the cost of material.

With that said, a starting price of $399 for a (3 year) coating is obviously just a starting point. But it adds up quick do to the cost of labor and material.

Should a person require a second step to fulfill a paint correction process, I do it as an add-on starting cost of $599. This is my price of a one step polishing vs an all-in-one AKA Gloss, Polish, & Seal or HD Speed.

I don’t charge for a full paint correction price on top of coatings since we are going through similar prep work. Hence why $599 starting price is more fitting.

So if you want a paint correction and a (3 year) coating it would have a starting price of $999. That’s just for a: Small hatchback, small sports alone. I have four categories all together.

If you don’t mind, I am curious to know what your thoughts on my pricing is?
    Wish you were in the NW as i woulda jumped on that. On a mustang convertible (less paint to coat) black paint 2 years worth of car wash swirls for a 2 correct/polish and 3+ year coating was around $1000-1200. Their were a couple who quoted $800-900 using otc coatings. Assuming you were in $600-800 range.

My thought was i can get a polisher, pads, coating and everything else i most need for $600-700 buying good products. Problem is how addicting a clean and shiny car can be. Most quoted a day to do and a day to cure. $900-1000 dollar for a days labor seemed steep. Doing it and the specialized tools needed i can see why. I dont know your market but you seem a little light in the pricing....