autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Flex Cordless Polisher

Has anyone tried the Flex cordless. I bought one and from what I can see it's a waste of money. It's ok for waxes and sealants but it will not correct. I have the 3401 and a rotary both are Flex and they are awesome machines but the cordless is a letdown.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Flex Cordless Polisher

The 15mm? I have the corded version and it works fine. What’s pads/compound are you using?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

XFE-150 Sonax polish and multiple pads

Post Thanks / Like

I have found mine to cut with no problems. Even 1 steps with Blackfire one step

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

It will not spin. Just with the weight of the machine it stops spinning.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Flex Cordless Polisher

I bought a FlexXFE-150 polisher and it doesn't spin. Just the weight of the machine and it stops spinning. I can't get any correcting from the machine. What am I doing wrong?

Post Thanks / Like

I waited and bought the Flex Cbeast cordless because it is forced rotation. This machine is a BEAST I have done around 10 cars with it and it works great. Forced rotation is the way to go for DA polishers in my opinion. And not having to mess with a cord is great. Everything Mike says about it is spot on.

Mike Phillips

Just to note - it's called the,

FINISHER

Not the correction machine. This would be the BEAST. I'm asked a lot about tools in general and anytime someone askes me about the FLEX XFE7-15, (that's the part number, the official COMPANY nickname is the FINISHER), I point out the name

FINISHER

So for anyone reading this into the future - don't buy this tool to do major correction work, it's the wrong tool for that. For major correction work stick with gear-driven orbitals or rotary buffers.

9. Likes Thomkirby liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by ptwhital View Post

I bought a FlexXFE-150 polisher and it doesn't spin. Just the weight of the machine and it stops spinning. I can't get any correcting from the machine. What am I doing wrong?
    I just got done teaching a class and I demonstrated the FINISHER. I had no problem maintaining pad rotation and neither did Sylvia, and it was the first time he ever used a machine to machine polish.

The foam polishing pad is rotating. Note where she's holding the back of he this cordless tool. There is something to be said for technique. The polisher is also on the 6 speed setting.

BUT - I have experience and used the right pad. The pad you see her using is a 6.5" Lake Country Force Hybrid Foam Polishing pad and it works about or better than any pad for this type of tool.

This is a 15mm free spinning random orbital polisher and there are a slew of these on the market. And for what it's worth, I don't use ANY brand of 15mm free spinning random orbital for correction work - I use gear-driven, short stroke or rotary.

I share the reason why, without saying it directly in my article on the topic of the

Ghosting Image

Google that using the above words and add my name,

Mike Phillips

Post Thanks / Like

Hey mike the BEAST is exactly how you explained it in your review. I love it so far, I have a pc7424 and Makita po5000 but the BEAST is now my new go to polisher. Your review is what made my decision to buy it. Next purchase is going to be the PXE 80. Thanks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast