autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Best trim polish for Honda Ridgeline?

I have a 2017 Honda Ridgeline and am trying to keep lots of plastic trim look like new.
    I don't like it to look real shinny.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best trim polish for Honda Ridgeline?

I am assuming you mean plastic textured trim. If so then with plastic trim you want to keep it clean and protected.

These two are great products to keep it protected

McKee's 37 Plastic Trim Restorer

Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant, rubber trim sealant, rubber protectant, exterior trim products, metal sealer

If the trim is in need of restoration then you will need something like

Solution Finish Black Plastic & Vinyl Restorer, trim restorer, black plastic restorer

This is a relatively new product that restores but offers long term protection of a ceramic coating. There are reviews on it from other forum members as well

Pinnacle Black Label Ceramic Trim Restorer

3. Likes Bruno Soares, PaulMys liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

My truck is extremely well taken care of but I used "Mothers" and I have used other OTC products that are either to shinny or they soon leave a greying look. I appreciate your response.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Connors View Post
    My truck is extremely well taken care of but I used "Mothers" and I have used other OTC products that are either to shinny or they soon leave a greying look. I appreciate your response.
    Whatever trim protectant you decide to use, clean it well. Do an IPA wipe down after cleaning. Mothers makes a great trim cleaner...skip their sealant.

Post Thanks / Like

I like to use the Blackfire Tire & Trim Sealant on exterior plastic trim. Works great!

BLACKFIRE Tire & Trim Sealant, plastic trim restorer, tire coating, long lasting tire shine

7. Likes Thomkirby liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby B. View Post
    I like to use the Blackfire Tire & Trim Sealant on exterior plastic trim. Works great!

BLACKFIRE Tire & Trim Sealant, plastic trim restorer, tire coating, long lasting tire shine
    I have a bottle of this and also Wolfgang (WETS) between the two I find the application better with Bobby B.'s suggestion. WETS was my first dedicated product and it is working great, but I used a cheap foam brush and just throw them away after each application. I'm cheap and try to rinse them out but the WETS carrier agent is oily to the touch and does not rinse out with water. However that is a good thing for trim!
    BF Tire and Trim is my go-to for family and keep the WETS for my personal cars.

Key to using anything ( 'The Guy' recommends the best selection) is to do this on a regular basis. Do it every two to three months or as needed depending upon your factors. Using as preventive measures will give you the results you speak of and keep that Ridgeline a beauty!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Thomkirby View Post
    I have a bottle of this and also Wolfgang (WETS) between the two I find the application better with Bobby B.'s suggestion. WETS was my first dedicated product and it is working great, but I used a cheap foam brush and just throw them away after each application. I'm cheap and try to rinse them out but the WETS carrier agent is oily to the touch and does not rinse out with water. However that is a good thing for trim!
    BF Tire and Trim is my go-to for family and keep the WETS for my personal cars.

Key to using anything ( 'The Guy' recommends the best selection) is to do this on a regular basis. Do it every two to three months or as needed depending upon your factors. Using as preventive measures will give you the results you speak of and keep that Ridgeline a beauty!

I appeciate your reply. Does the "Oily toucinh attact a lot of dust. I live in an area, in the country, where the wind blows quite freqently. However I will try any thing. I have found Armorall to be too shinny and collects a lot of dust.

Post Thanks / Like

WETS and/or McKee's need about 2 hours of cure time before being exposed to rain/moisture.

However, you don't need to worry about them attracting dust. Once they cure, they are not "oily" in the least.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

11. Thanks Thomkirby thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Connors View Post
    I appeciate your reply. Does the "Oily toucinh attact a lot of dust. I live in an area, in the country, where the wind blows quite freqently. However I will try any thing. I have found Armorall to be too shinny and collects a lot of dust.
    As PaulMys stated, once dry they will not attract dust. Both dry out nicely, and did my neighbor's Tacoma Saturday on his exterior window trim. Dried quickly.

I understand your concerns on dust as I lived in Amarillo, TX and then for a short time in Odessa, TX. Both are always dusty, that is why I no longer own any black cars. LOL