autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

iK 1.5 Sprayer "Settings"

I recently picked up two of the iK sprayers, a regular sprayer and a foamer, and have a few questions that I hope you guys might know.

On the sprayer, is there a way to reduce the flow? It's a great little sprayer, but it's flow rate is very, very high, and I would like to reduce how much comes out while still outputting a nice "cone" of atomized product. I was using this sprayer for applying P&S Beadmaker and puts down way too much product. I wanted to lay down a fine, even coat of product, but I realistically can't move it that fast and make a mess, waste a lot of product.

On the foamer, I was curious what "recipes" you guys liked using. For example, I used P&S Brake Buster 5:1 with the smallest orifice and it lays down a really thick foam on my wheels. But I only get about 1/2 of a 19" wheel before it needs a LOT more pressure. It seems like it only foams with the top 5% of the pressure, then needs to be pumped up again...a lot. I am not over filling or using undiluted product. Any tips on getting more performance from my iK foamer? Also, I'd love to hear about how you are using the various orifices/settings and with which products/dilutions you like in it. I was looking forward to using Optimum Power Clean in it, and was going to start by diluting it 5:1 as well.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: iK 1.5 Sprayer "Settings"

I think it is what it is. There are other sprayers out there that put out a finer mist - like the Solo.

You have to be careful with some products that are thicker or are designed to leave a film. They tend to clog finer sprayers up.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah knock on the 1.5 foam sprayers is the pumping. Little better if you only fill half way. The new ones have bigger reservoir so maybe better. I’m gonna try some new ones out and hopefully better.

As for sprayer.... no adjustments

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

As others has mentioned the small foamers are just not able to keep the pressure for a longer time. That's cause it's also use the compressed air to get you the foam rather than just put out the solution. It seems to be a foamer that don't do this but I'm not certain about. That it takes the air to build the foam from outside of the bottle and through the nozzle tip instead. But generally speaking handheld foamers needs a lot of pumping. The tips above with only filling it up to half can make it to need a little less pumping than the first round of them.

As for a finer mist on the pump pressure spray bottle. I would test out the EZ Mist Sprayer Bottle. These are building up a little pressure in them self while you are spraying with them. You get an awesome thin layer of product with these kind Flairosol Fine Mist Sprayer Bottles. I like to use these with Sonax BSD as it's so thick and needs so little of product. The problem I have with these fine mist spray bottles is if used outside and it's windy. Also be carefull to not inhale the product as it's very fine atomizes out of the spray bottle. The trigger is very easy to use and since it's not a lot of product maybe 10oz or so it's not tiring to be useing. Just a tips. The sprayer you can use as a pretreat to road film or to pretreat bug squash or something like that.

EZ Mist Sprayer - Black

/ Tony